+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is lg1 suited for Stendels tactics?

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post

Realistically are the fans patient enough to accept this? I'd say not on past experience. However, Rome wasn't built in a day.
    Nero ez been fiddling last six months while Rome ez burnt.

Am sure relegation won't on Chien's cards while he laiked abart lookin at New York's leets.

The German will sooart it.

I really want to believe that Herr Rendell was head hunted and is a better prospect with his new breed of Blitzkrieg football than an established English manager like Simon Grayson who has a proven track record in gaining promotion from league 1.
    I really want to believe that Herr Rendell wasn't on a long list of continental coaches who can't get a job but have worked with a top manager in some capacity or another like Morais.
    I really really want to believe, but after Morais I find myself unable to get motivated for the season to come.
    The Jurys out on this whole venture for me.

Not Believing.

I agree but if this really is the style of football what GG and the board believe in and they truly believe in their appointment then why only a 2 yr contract for herr Stendel? In my experience change normally takes time, foundations have to be put in place. It seldom clicks straight away.

Realistically are the fans patient enough to accept this? I'd say not on past experience. However, Rome wasn't built in a day.
    2 years is perfect for both sides, if he does well in year 1; club is in position to offer longer/better, in turn he is in better position to move on or demand more. Equally if it doesn’t work, minimal to pay out

[QUOTE=animallittle3;38919362]We could be about to embark on rebuilding the rebuild from last season .

New coach , different approach and specific athletes required as well as intelligent footballers .

So now from fishing in a small pool for talent , under 25 , budget , potential sell on profit and a hunger to progress we've now made the pool even smaller , it's now the bowl in the kitchen sink .

In all honesty we may not hit the ground running and the natives watching league one are likely to get restless .

However just consider this , we hire Grayson who keeps the squad together , adds two or three playing 4-4-2 and we get promoted .

Then what back in the championship ?

Surely playing a longer game with a clear and solid plan would reap greater benefits further down the line .

Beat me to it, Grayson probably safer bet to get out of L1, but do we see him if all goes well being capable of taken us into the Championship, establishing(Possibily) and challenging(not so sure).

Opinions are great but reality is only hindsight will prove to have the right answer every time.
    Here just hoping to winning a few and enjoying it whilst it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by lk311 View Post
    2 years is perfect for both sides, if he does well in year 1; club is in position to offer longer/better, in turn he is in better position to move on or demand more. Equally if it doesn’t work, minimal to pay out
    I totally get where you're coming from but the point I was making was more along the lines of is how long will he get to turn a club around and change the system? This club has had a losing mentality for 18 months now with our young players confidence drained after last season. To come in and change everything is a mammouth task and takes time. If we have teething problems as I suspect we will then how long will the new HC be afforded?

He's another punt.
    Drawn from the continental pool of unemployed ( and therefore cheap) head coaches keen to make a name in English football.
    He'll get as long as it takes to realise that this is another huge mistake, by then we'll be league 1 strugglers.

Why o why can't we just do something reight for once.

Interesting stat from Herr Daniel's tenure at Hannover 96 when they won promotion back to the bundesliga .

They only conceded 32 goals all season , yes I know he didn't complete the season with them but even so he coached the majority of their games that season .

https://www.google.com/search?client...09fj8w;st;fp;1

Quote Originally Posted by red flagged View Post
    He's another punt..
    I hope thats not meant as nasty rhyming slang against Senor Stendel is it Flagged ?.
    Seriously I know what you and our fans are saying here, I also wanted us to go with Larry Grayson or somebody else of that style. And to this day I still would have gone for Gary Bowyer ahead of most of the other names mentioned, to be honest. My last choice would have been yet another untried and unheard of foreigner who we have ended up going with, but I am trying my best to see the positive in him and I think we should give him the chance that he deserves.

I totally get where you're coming from but the point I was making was more along the lines of is how long will he get to turn a club around and change the system? This club has had a losing mentality for 18 months now with our young players confidence drained after last season. To come in and change everything is a mammouth task and takes time. If we have teething problems as I suspect we will then how long will the new HC be afforded?
    Agree with all that. The whole mentality down there needs changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I hope thats not meant as nasty rhyming slang against Senor Stendel is it Flagged ?.
    Seriously I know what you and our fans are saying here, I also wanted us to go with Larry Grayson or somebody else of that style. And to this day I still would have gone for Gary Bowyer ahead of most of the other names mentioned, to be honest. My last choice would have been yet another untried and unheard of foreigner who we have ended up going with, but I am trying my best to see the positive in him and I think we should give him the chance that he deserves.
    Ooops, see how that reads Acido but no it wasnt my meaning - honest !
    The bloke will get my support like Hecky and Morais last season,that is of course until he doesn't earn it. he's got a lot to prove in a short space of time if he's going to keep the fans behind him.

I don't like the fact that GH has tried to convince us all that Herr Rendell was targeted by the club for any other reason that he was out of work and willing to toe the line in order to get a foot in.

But an unknown gamble from Germany with no experience of league 1 football against a man with a proven record and without a club at present.

No brainer innit.What I wonder was the main motivation in this decision because I suspect it wasn't blitzkrieg football.

I'm starting to believe that summats not reight darn theer.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast