+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Is lg1 suited for Stendels tactics?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Yes I know that perky , my issue is why we have gone down this route , because everyone else has is not a credible answer in my opinion .
    I agree mate! It started off with the dwarf brought in as HC "Because everyone else is doing it, the continental way" and it doesn't work for us as we continue to have to rebuild the squad each time a HC leaves!

It's because we are Barnsley and not a top 6 side with millions to throw at it, so we employ Morais or Stendel and not Guardiola or Klopp.

If we had the money to pay for a decent HC and give him money to buy decent players then they probably wouldn't keep leaving and it would most likely work......Hence why I believe the outlook on Mr Stendel is bleak even before we have gegenpressed in anger!

The whiff of bullsh1t still hangs in the air in the room where Goat Hair claimed the the combined football brains of Lee, Conway, Beane, Parekh, Cryne and the lovely Grace Hung had held a summit to decide on the technical style of play they wanted BFC to pursue, settling on "high intensity counter pressing--gegenpressen" after long discussion and then instructed Goat Hair to "find me a Coach who fits that style".
    It's perfectly logical for them to rid the club of players used to the old style of playing and make no effort to retain/ extend loans/ sign players such as Hammill, Yiadom, McBurnie, Gardener, Moore, Mallan and maybe more. If we are "Going Gegen" then clear out the old, irrespective of how they might have performed in the Third Division, and bring in the new. This is the style our owners want us to play and they make the decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    The whiff of bullsh1t still hangs in the air in the room where Goat Hair claimed the the combined football brains of Lee, Conway, Beane, Parekh, Cryne and the lovely Grace Hung had held a summit to decide on the technical style of play they wanted BFC to pursue, settling on "high intensity counter pressing--gegenpressen" after long discussion and then instructed Goat Hair to "find me a Coach who fits that style".
    It's perfectly logical for them to rid the club of players used to the old style of playing and make no effort to retain/ extend loans/ sign players such as Hammill, Yiadom, McBurnie, Gardener, Moore, Mallan and maybe more. If we are "Going Gegen" then clear out the old, irrespective of how they might have performed in the Third Division, and bring in the new. This is the style our owners want us to play and they make the decisions.
    I understand your post SB but in the interests of balance we still have 7 weeks of the transfer window left and 11 weeks of the loan window left. I wait and see with interest what they come up with for our new HC

It's good to add balance Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    We still had to rebuild the squad to the tune of 14 players with a HC who was still in the technical area ESR .

The new HC's comes with a plan and clearly a number of the players aren't going to be what he wants .

Not sure I agree with you on that mate with all due respect .
    Not saying I agree with it but that’s why Cryne said he started down the Head Coach route . Circumstances sadly changed so it went to pot

We’ll be reyt and we’re going up. Chillax mandem

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678