+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Is lg1 suited for Stendels tactics?

Believe me Flagged, I was only mucking about there matey, I know you didn't mean it that way.
    Im worried like we all are about this appointment, it comes across as another appalling decision doesn't it because hes an unknown and hes unheard of etc.

But is he (Daniel Stendel) that bad, are we judging him unfairly here because of how bad Jose 'Mr Nandos' Morais was ?.

This is a difficult time for us all, and theres a lot of pressure on this appointment of course. But I do trust this bloke a lot more than Jose, thats something to be positive about at least!.

Quote Originally Posted by red flagged View Post
    Ooops, see how that reads Acido but no it wasnt my meaning - honest !
    The bloke will get my support like Hecky and Morais last season,that is of course until he doesn't earn it. he's got a lot to prove in a short space of time if he's going to keep the fans behind him.

I don't like the fact that GH has tried to convince us all that Herr Rendell was targeted by the club for any other reason that he was out of work and willing to toe the line in order to get a foot in.

But an unknown gamble from Germany with no experience of league 1 football against a man with a proven record and without a club at present.

No brainer innit.What I wonder was the main motivation in this decision because I suspect it wasn't blitzkrieg football.

I'm starting to believe that summats not reight darn theer.
    Unless the Head Coach is an absolute nut job as Morais was how can you under the club's present policy really criticise the man in the technical area ?

Surely if things go badly next season and with the knowledge we have then several people at the club are going to be at fault .

Some posters are behind the times on this board , in years gone by then most certainly the manager got the grief but that's not how it works today .

If people in grey suits want to involve themselves in former management roles then let them accept the downside to that narrative and some supporters should refrain from hanging the HC out to dry because to tell the truth it's pretty much " so last year " .

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Believe me Flagged, I was only mucking about there matey, I know you didn't mean it that way.
    Im worried like we all are about this appointment, it comes across as another appalling decision doesn't it because hes an unknown and hes unheard of etc.

But is he (Daniel Stendel) that bad, are we judging him unfairly here because of how bad Jose 'Mr Nandos' Morais was ?.

This is a difficult time for us all, and theres a lot of pressure on this appointment of course. But I do trust this bloke a lot more than Jose, thats something to be positive about at least!.
    Yes, certainly with the style of football being put forward coupled with us hopefully being a big fish in a smaller pond of talent I'm flitting between hopeful that our new man pulls it off and dismayed that we've gone for another unknown as you say.

I'm hoping he's going to be quietly competent rather than full of cliches and mad as a box of frogs like his predecessor !

Only time will tell I suppose, but over 8k tarn fans have voted with their wallets despite the appalling season we've had and I applaud them all for that.

Just read on Sky that Bielsa has been given a 20m "war chest" to get Leeds back to the premier league. Wonder how much we'll have allocated to bring in players who are a better fit for blitzkrieg football ??

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Unless the Head Coach is an absolute nut job as Morais was how can you under the club's present policy really criticise the man in the technical area ?

Surely if things go badly next season and with the knowledge we have then several people at the club are going to be at fault .

Some posters are behind the times on this board , in years gone by then most certainly the manager got the grief but that's not how it works today .

If people in grey suits want to involve themselves in former management roles then let them accept the downside to that narrative and some supporters should refrain from hanging the HC out to dry because to tell the truth it's pretty much " so last year " .
    I get that to a degree Animal but the board make the appointment and expect the coach to work within the budgets they set.
    The coach knows this when he takes the job, if he's not up to it then it's down to him as well as the people who appointed him.
    Both deserve the flak they'll get if it doesn't work out.The board for setting on a coach who wasn't up to it, the coach for not making it happen within the budget constraints he has to work with.

Both are culpable, it's not just the fault of those awful men in suits.

I get that to a degree Animal but the board make the appointment and expect the coach to work within the budgets they set.
    The coach knows this when he takes the job, if he's not up to it then it's down to him as well as the people who appointed him.
    Both deserve the flak they'll get if it doesn't work out.The board for setting on a coach who wasn't up to it, the coach for not making it happen within the budget constraints he has to work with.

Agree with this, the quality of the players signed may not be the responsibility of the coach but it is his job to motivate them at least.
    How many times did we say last year about team/players not trying. That for me is solely with the coach

Well as far as I'm concerned if the men in grey suits want to play " Football Manager " on their computers then they will receive exactly the same scrutiny as an old fashioned manager would back in the day .

I won't be hanging Herr Daniel out to dry whilst the keyboard tappers continue to feck over yet another HC .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Well as far as I'm concerned if the men in grey suits want to play " Football Manager " on their computers then they will receive exactly the same scrutiny as an old fashioned manager would back in the day .

I won't be hanging Herr Daniel out to dry whilst the keyboard tappers continue to feck over yet another HC .
    Gi ower Animal, Rendell coaches the team,sets the tactics,chooses who plays where and how. Now I realise he can only p1ss wit c0ck he's got and it dunt look like we're going to get a 20m windfall anytime soon, but he knew the gig when he signed on the dotted.

Gi ower Animal, Rendell coaches the team,sets the tactics,chooses who plays where and how. Now I realise he can only p1ss wit c0ck he's got and it dunt look like we're going to get a 20m windfall anytime soon, but he knew the gig when he signed on the dotted.
    Each to their own but there's no sacred cows in my world .

As I see it... playing devil's advocate...how can people be negative before a ball is kicked?

Those with reservations have a right to voice their concerns. ( I have my own).

I'll ask this though by which barometer are we basing those comparisons? (Baring in mind this is a footballing first as far as Barnsley F.C is concerned).

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    As I see it... playing devil's advocate...how can people be negative before a ball is kicked?

Those with reservations have a right to voice their concerns. ( I have my own).

I'll ask this though by which barometer are we basing those comparisons? (Baring in mind this is a footballing first as far as Barnsley F.C is concerned).
    Which bit is a footballing first for the club steve ?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast