+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Is lg1 suited for Stendels tactics?

Going wholesale with a new style n' declaring a reason for it mate

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    As I see it... playing devil's advocate...how can people be negative before a ball is kicked?

Those with reservations have a right to voice their concerns. ( I have my own).

I'll ask this though by which barometer are we basing those comparisons? (Baring in mind this is a footballing first as far as Barnsley F.C is concerned).
    Am just disappointed Ponte, if this bloke was all that at this gengenpressing or whatever its called how come he's not been snapped up by another German club ?

Strikes me that summats not reight darn theer. To coin a phrase like.

Going wholesale with a new style n' declaring a reason for it mate
    You not think the club are stating the obvious though steve , which football fan doesn't like attacking football with players busting a gut ?

Red Flagged's right because Herr Daniel wasn't our first choice and Paul Hurst doesn't play all out attacking football having witnessed his Shrewsbury team last season , in fact I thought they were bloody awful to watch personally .

Herr Daniel is here now , he comes with a plan and so I'll support the bloke and give him a good go .

What I won't have and I've alluded to it on a previous post is having a convenient Saturday night scapegoat on here as we witnessed under Hecky .

If all four corners of this club want to involve themselves in first team affairs then all four will get the flack if it's going tyts up , collective responsibility .

Everyone is accountable in my world steve including the grey suits .

As I see it... playing devil's advocate...how can people be negative before a ball is kicked?
    Those with reservations have a right to voice their concerns. ( I have my own). I'll ask this though by which barometer are we basing those comparisons? (Baring in mind this is a footballing first as far as Barnsley F.C is concerned).
    Ive more or less asked the same as well Ponty, I wonder if we're (and I include myself here) being a bit negative about this because of what happened with Morais, and thats unfair on Stendel.
    There was going to be pressure on whoever got the job because we're hoping for a promotion push aren't we, anything less than the play offs next season will have to be looked at as dreadful. The club have come out and told us what sort of footy they are hoping we play, and for me its been a good statement of intent.

What puzzles me Animal is why the suits want to interfere in what should be the Managers role
    Haven't they enough to do running the non football side of the club ,attracting sponsors,raising income from other sources, catering , merchandising,hospitality, improving the non football match day experience for everyone including the disabled & last but not least
    filling the feckin corners in

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    What puzzles me Animal is why the suits want to interfere in what should be the Managers role
    Haven't they enough to do running the non football side of the club ,attracting sponsors,raising income from other sources, catering , merchandising,hospitality, improving the non football match day experience for everyone including the disabled & last but not least
    In our case exile it's perhaps because a manager would acquire players to do a specific job with little regard for sell on value .

Although as I remember Thompson , Redders , Hendrie and Wilko seemed to put a few quid in the clubs coffers twenty odd years ago .

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Ive more or less asked the same as well Ponty, I wonder if we're (and I include myself here) being a bit negative about this because of what happened with Morais, and thats unfair on Stendel.
    There was going to be pressure on whoever got the job because we're hoping for a promotion push aren't we, anything less than the play offs next season will have to be looked at as dreadful. The club have come out and told us what sort of footy they are hoping we play, and for me its been a good statement of intent.

It's just words though mate. We as fans have been ararnd block a few times, sum on us moor than others. When reality kicks in its usually a different story. Think back to Ridsdales bullshyte speil when paul hart wo manager. He were thinking we could pull a full house at oakwell for a huge derby game (in his words) against hull in the early part of that season. He wo talking abart parties on the beach at Blackpool in our last away game to celebrate promotion just a couple o days after fixtures wo released! We ended up mid table that season after a dreadful campaign!

The positive intent might be there with their ideas and words but many of us are too long in the tooth to get over excited about it. It's still the blind leading the blind as far as I can see. The new head coach excites me but his hands are still tied as we're the previous 2 incumbents.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    It's just words though mate. We as fans have been ararnd block a few times, sum on us moor than others. When reality kicks in its usually a different story. Think back to Ridsdales bullshyte speil when paul hart wo manager. He were thinking we could pull a full house at oakwell for a huge derby game (in his words) against hull in the early part of that season. He wo talking abart parties on the beach at Blackpool in our last away game to celebrate promotion just a couple o days after fixtures wo released! We ended up mid table that season after a dreadful campaign!

The positive intent might be there with their ideas and words but many of us are too long in the tooth to get over excited about it. It's still the blind leading the blind as far as I can see. The new head coach excites me but his hands are still tied as we're the previous 2 incumbents.
    Good post that Pass and sums it all up nicely.
    Of course we'll support the new manager and our team, we're Barnsley Fans after all, I just won't accept this bull that we went after this bloke due to his teams style of play.
    But I don't suppose Goat is going to come out and say " he was unemployed,available and willing so he bit our hands off"
    Again, if he's so good why hasn't anybody else snapped him up before now.

Good luck to him, I don't remember many being pleased when Danny Wilson took over from Viv Anderson and look what happened there.You never know do you.
    But after Morais I'm afraid for me it's a case of once bitten....

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Cos it's their train set Exile,they'll have a p&l budget same as any other business and in there will be a provision for wages.
    No different from any other business.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    In our case exile it's perhaps because a manager would acquire players to do a specific job with little regard for sell on value .

Although as I remember Thompson , Redders , Hendrie and Wilko seemed to put a few quid in the clubs coffers twenty odd years ago .

The suits can always interfere by saying yea or nay to a managers choices but the choices should be made jointly
    Does it matter what system is used to identify targets, Managers preference or spreadsheet or both
    That would seem to me to be a sensible way to run a club

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast