+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Where would this leave us ?

Where would this leave us ?

Jordan Pickford's odds decimated on shock United move on eve of the World Cup

Callum Wilson | Monday 11th June 2018 / 12:06

"An irregular betting pattern has seen Pickford’s odds to join United slashed."

Everton goalkeeper Jordan Pickford has attracted an unusual amount of betting attention, regarding a shock move to Manchester United.
    He’s been cut from 8/1 into 4/5 odds-on favourite to join Jose Mourinho’s side, following an irregular betting pattern on what would be a surprise switch.
    In total, 96% of all bets over the weekend on the England number one’s next club have been placed on United being the destination for the Washington-born keeper.
    That’s on the eve of the World Cup, in which Pickford will head to as the primary goalkeeper in the Three Lions squad.
    Oddschecker spokesperson George Elek: “Could Manchester United be preparing for life after De Gea?
    “Whilst the Spanish 'keeper is still heavily odds-on to stay at Old Trafford this season, the market movement surrounding a surprise move for Pickford suggests that something is going on behind the scenes.
    “Given England's shocking record with goalkeepers in major tournaments, Gareth Southgate will be hoping any talk will be put on hold until after the World Cup.”

Looks like both Liverpool and Everton could be signing new Keepers. And we have one spare.

if we are to sell one it has to be Tom being the older of the 2 but we need to make sure they don't get a bargain make them pay through the nose. personally I think they will both be here next season.

The more I read and the more I think we will be selling Tom Heaton.. I honestly can't see us keeping both of them ,as neither one will want to be sat on the subs bench next season.. Perhaps he could alternate them and give both a start every other week week..

Does the transfer window close before the end of World cup? If Pope gets a game and is injured,where does that leave us if Tom is gone.
    With the Europa games coming up ,I feel it is better to hold onto both of them and alternate them.

It really is remarkable that Little Old Burnley have two England goalkeepers on their books. WHU are desperate for one and apparently have asked SD to name his price?

West Ham are reported to be closing in on Fabianski ?

Quote Originally Posted by Turfmoore View Post
    Does the transfer window close before the end of World cup?
    No but if England do well you would imagine that Tom might be the main man in pre-season and the first Europa game as Pope could well be due some time off ?

If what Liverpool are being quoted for some Brazilian bird called Alison is accurate then WHU need telling its 70mil for Pope or 40mil for Tom if they bid anything less it will be dismissed as derisory.

Trust me, Dave Baldwin and SD have about as much inclination to give away one of our England goalkeepers as I have to start supporting Blackburn Rovers. It ain't never going to happen! Not ever!

Does the transfer window close before the end of World cup?
    As BT says no.

WC final 4pm 15 July
    Window shuts Thursday Aug 9th just before the season starts.

So a 3 and a half week gap there and just under 8 weeks of rumour, counter rumour and maybe a few moves left.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)