+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT World Cup predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Well done England, I think if we had lost there would have been more posts on here about the match! I for one am chuffed to bits, a great win especially playing against cheats and a Ref who was completely incompetent!
    Agreed MoP...they stuck at it in difficult circumstances and reaped the reward.
    Should never have been in doubt if Lingard had taken even half his chances. One of those annoying players who is rubbish when I want him to be great - for Derby and England - and great when I want him to be rubbish - for United.
    Despite his heroics I’m not sure about Kane captaining from up top...once things got awkward we seemed to lack leadership and don’t get me started on the pundits...fickle or what? For the whole of the second half they were moaning then from the 92nd minute it was suddenly all about grit, determination and a great performance.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    don’t get me started on the pundits...fickle or what? For the whole of the second half they were moaning then from the 92nd minute it was suddenly all about grit, determination and a great performance.
    Absolutely. There really should be a 'turn the ****s off' option, is there one I don't know about? I get that already on eurosport but through Eurosport's ineptitude not a user option

Share your view on Lingard too although Sterling seemed to want to kick the ball with the leg he was standing on too a few times.

All in all, and unusually for me, a game that had my attention right through.

Their penalty? I can see why. I also know it would have been given in an English League.

Kane's 2 appeals? I fail to see why not. 100% nailed on yet not given.

Great 1st half, less so 2nd half. I would have taken Dele Alli off at HT he was clearly hampered by the knock he got just before HT. We deserved to win. We need to put more of our chances away against better teams or we will struggle.

Having a winger at LB/LWB is dangerous. He isn't anywhere near as fast as he was and got left standing by quite a few of their counters. Better teams will punish that and that shortcoming will have been noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Absolutely. There really should be a 'turn the ****s off' option, is there one I don't know about? I get that already on eurosport but through Eurosport's ineptitude not a user option

Share your view on Lingard too although Sterling seemed to want to kick the ball with the leg he was standing on too a few times.

All in all, and unusually for me, a game that had my attention right through.
    It’s called the ‘mute’ button Andy, but I wish there was a special one just for Martin Keown...he’s as bad at summarising as he was a central defender on that glorious (late summer?) night at PP when Dean Sturridge turned him inside out and left him on his backside.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    don’t get me started on the pundits...fickle or what? For the whole of the second half they were moaning then from the 92nd minute it was suddenly all about grit, determination and a great performance.
    Couldn't agree more about the pundits, it is no surprise that none of them have made it as managers once their playing days came to en end. Shearer, flopped at Newcastle for those few months and he has not been seen since. Neither Lineker nor Ferdinand have put their heads above the parapet. Star player cum pundits can't hack it as managers it seems. Does anyone know what Lampard's plans are??

And if that bloody woman interviewer had asked one more time about the resilience of the team and about how the Panama game is a guaranteed pushover, I would have put my shoe through the TV. Fair enough to ask it once but to ask it to every single player/manager that she interviewed smacked of a lack of imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post

And if that bloody woman interviewer had asked one more time about the resilience of the team and about how the Panama game is a guaranteed pushover, I would have put my shoe through the TV. Fair enough to ask it once but to ask it to every single player/manager that she interviewed smacked of a lack of imagination.
    I'm afraid that's BBC's diversity obsession for ya. The quality of interviewing and commentating in sport and elsewhere has taken a right dip in the last few years.

My post #13 should read.... I also know it wouldn't have been given in an English League

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Couldn't agree more about the pundits, it is no surprise that none of them have made it as managers once their playing days came to en end. Shearer, flopped at Newcastle for those few months and he has not been seen since. Neither Lineker nor Ferdinand have put their heads above the parapet. Star player cum pundits can't hack it as managers it seems. Does anyone know what Lampard's plans are??

I was talking more about the commentary team summarisers rather than the post match studio ones Geoff. Keown, I think, sounded just like a disgruntled fan until the last two minutes when everything was suddenly wonderful.

Shearer is always rubbish but I thought ‘fun time Frankie’ and Linekar were okay.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)