+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT World Cup predictions

OT World Cup predictions

Been saying for weeks that England will go out in the 1/4 finals to Germany on penalties. Last night I filled out my world cup predictions in the hope of winning some cash.

Guess who we get in the 1/4s? Yes, Germany and I put them down to beat us. I really hope I got it wrong and we go on to the semi's or better but I doubt it.

Brazil to beat Germany in the final.

Your prediction?

Won't get out of the group stage. First plane home. Don't really care tbh

Don't care but predicted Germany in Romanis' thread and I got Germany in the office sweepstake, so See Chermanss it is.

Argentina to beat Germany despite their awful form in qualifying and pre tournament games. Swansong for Messi Aguero Higuan

I am thinking Brazil and Germany are in same half of draw aren't they MA?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I am thinking Brazil and Germany are in same half of draw aren't they MA?
    Don't blame me Geoff. I started off filling in, online, positions 1 to 4 in each group. That gave automatically the make up of the last 16 round matches. Select the winners of those etc etc...... Finsihed with a Brazil Germany final. I just hope whoever wrote the software got it right........

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    Don't really care tbh
    Tut tut!

Portugal v Spain..........What a match that was, brilliant!!!

I enjoyed the Morocco v Iran game as well. Not the greatest football but 2 teams who went out to win a game of football and they provided good entertainment.

The Russia game was an average side that scored 5 against a really poor side. Uruguay were really poor first half against the bus parking Egypt and had no urgency about them. Better second half and ought to have had 2 or 3 goals before their headed winner went in. They will get better, unfortunately.

4 games today. I will miss the last of the 4 as I will be at my lad's gig with Take No Prisoners....... God help my ears

Well done England, I think if we had lost there would have been more posts on here about the match! I for one am chuffed to bits, a great win especially playing against cheats and a Ref who was completely incompetent!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)