+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T 24hr of Le Man

O/T 24hr of Le Man

Live stream of practice, for those that aren't motorsport fans that's just when they go round in circles for a few days honing the cars setup ready for qualifying

https://youtu.be/MVbvBn6h-7A

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Live stream of practice, for those that aren't motorsport fans that's just when they go round in circles for a few days honing the cars setup ready for qualifying

https://youtu.be/MVbvBn6h-7A
    Already lovin' it, I watched 14 hours of the race last year due to being home (well abroad) alone. I said the other day if I won the lottery I'd buy Forest and close it down, what I'd ACTUALLY do is buy my favourite Le Mans car.

REAL gladiators these geezers, forget the F1 guys

The great thing about LeMans is you get to see the cars going round in circles in the dark as well as the light. Otherwise even less meaningful overtaking and you only get to see one corner of a much bigger track. A real joy: but at least you can sleep during part of it, and there are more deadly crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    The great thing about LeMans is you get to see the cars going round in circles in the dark as well as the light. Otherwise even less meaningful overtaking and you only get to see one corner of a much bigger track. A real joy: but at least you can sleep during part of it, and there are more deadly crashes.
    With Le Mans and other long-distance formulae, you can really 'grow into' the event, its a bit like cricket in that respect I'm afraid to say. Having said that the past few years have produced some finishes closer and more exciting/heartbreaking than most sprint races

And on a local pride note, 23 of the cars are powered by engines made by Gibson Engines of Main Street, Repton, Derbyshire.

Yes that's were brother used to work, formerly zytek engineering but half of the group was purchased by continental who wanted to keep the name so the remaining half was renamed after the owner. Brother is an engine builder and built those type and others for other series, think he still has an affinity with rebellion racing with Jackie Chan hence the link

The 24 hours still has drama in the old fashioned way F1 had back in the day, I've just watched a couple of hours commentary free so no actual idea who is who, but one poor driver just suffered a puncture at a zillion miles an hour, crunched HARD into the barriers, spent an hour or so with a set of spanners trying to repair the damage, managed to get the crate moving again and got 100m before it set itsself on fire. Meanwhile one of the pro-am classes is being led by a car called The Pink Pig.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)