+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Moore

I think the Morais sacking was in the contract Ponte if he didn't achieve his remit of keeping us up.

I am all for giving Herr Stendel a go. My satirical posts are based on the task he faces. I don't believe the Goat Hair notion of the owners deciding on a style of laikin and then going out to find a manager that fitted. Having failed to land Ross and Hurst Goat Hair went for the route he employed last time--head hunting an unemployed manager on the continent, ignoring the fact that 29 of the last 30 managers/HC's gerrin promotion from the Third Division ev been British with knowledge of the English game at this level.

There we have it then.

As the 29 out of 30 stat is so popular, here’s another stat for you, nearly 88% of Managers in the last 10 seasons have been unsuccessful and out of that 88% nearly 100% of them were British and had experience of the third league.

Quote Originally Posted by lk311 View Post
    As the 29 out of 30 stat is so popular, here’s another stat for you, nearly 88% of Managers in the last 10 seasons have been unsuccessful and out of that 88% nearly 100% of them were British and had experience of the third league.
    Depends how you measure success
    from the EFL 72 only 10 will be successfull ie gaining promotion & perhaps 1 or 2 winning a cup
    All this regardless of your managers nationality
    In the prem those who can spend most usually are successfull ie a top 6 place which is 6 out of 18 [33%]
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 16-06-2018 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lk311 View Post
    It's not so much popular it's actually a fact .

Having said that if any coach can break the mould then you'd back a German to be the one .

You can’t blame the lad for wanting to better’ himself. Can’t be much fun playing in front of 7,000 crowds.

You REEDDSSS

I think I’ll reserve judgement until Christmas time as there are simply way too many unknown parameters at the club at the minute. I’d like to see Moore stay as I think he’ll do well next season however I’m more balled off about hammill leaving than the possibility of Moore going.
    We’ll be reyt I’m sure, we’ve managed for the last hundred and odd years.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn Thomas vs stum View Post
    I think I’ll reserve judgement until Christmas time as there are simply way too many unknown parameters at the club at the minute. I’d like to see Moore stay as I think he’ll do well next season however I’m more balled off about hammill leaving than the possibility of Moore going.
    We’ll be reyt I’m sure, we’ve managed for the last hundred and odd years.
    I’m more balled off about hammill leaving than the possibility of Moore going.

Thee & me both GT

Looking at it objectively, there is the chance that BFC could now be embarking on a decade or so of lower league football. The assumption that the club will bounce back to tier 2 in a short timeframe could be overly optimistic. The 1960s/70s shows that there are prolonged periods where the club bobs around the lower echelons.

Forget the past look forward to the future whatever happens

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast