+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: WORLD CUP thread

Even if we lose to Belgium,it means we have finished 4th,and that is a great achievment.

England just dont have that killer instinct,yet.

Mandzukic he had one chance and he stuck it away,thats killer instinct helped by England players who were tiring and not thinking reyt.

Only negative was the fact that Waistcoat left Alli and Lindgard on too long,Loftus Cheek should have come in one of those places just for fresh legs and fresh thought,and Vardy coming on had me scratchin my head.

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Thaz only just realised the BLADES won't win the prem?No wonder tha likes Benny so much. UTCB
    up until the Premiership turned into a money cesspit, any team potentially could win it - no longer the case. That's sad Rod, cos every fan likes to dream - me included.

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    Well done to the team got way beyond what was expected. It was like watching United. First half better team missed chances. Opposition change formation and England struggled against more technically gifted players and run out of steam. Well done to Kyle and Harry did the Blades proud. Am I gutted No its not SUFC. Now lets get back to watching proper football UTB.
    EXACTLY what l said, so much like one of our performances.

But disappointed as we are, let’s here it for Luka Modrić. What a fantastic little player. He deserves to be in the final.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    spot on - although I am gutted. I guess this has brought it home to me that I will never see England win a World Cup and I will never see the Blades win the Premiership...........sad but true
    The sad truth is that seeing England win a WC is far more likely than us winning owt much. Shake it off, enjoy the achievement and then be ready for Euro 2020 and WC 2022. If we're going to win one, they will be our chances.

up until the Premiership turned into a money cesspit, any team potentially could win it - no longer the case. That's sad Rod, cos every fan likes to dream - me included.
    What aload of cack Monte,For a start there's allus been big teams and also rans all the time i've watched the game anyway, Leicester won the prem not long since dint they? Look back to the 60's,70's,80's pre premier league, how many teams won the top league? Anyway i'm off for some more ale have a good neet.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    What aload of cack Monte,For a start there's allus been big teams and also rans all the time i've watched the game anyway, Leicester won the prem not long since dint they? Look back to the 60's,70's,80's pre premier league, how many teams won the top league? Anyway i'm off for some more ale have a good neet.UTCB
    I have spent my whole life watching England and the Blades fall short at the final hurdle Rod - forgive me if I am bit upset tonight

bit gutted tonight but always more gutted when united lose at wembley croatia no chance sunday france will be world champions

I have spent my whole life watching England and the Blades fall short at the final hurdle Rod - forgive me if I am bit upset tonight
    Very rarely have England got anywhere near the final hurdle aya last time we did a germany and went out in the groups stage and we lost to Iceland yes Iceland in the euros it's usually a major disappointment this was a good tournament for us we did well for a change

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    bit gutted tonight but always more gutted when united lose at wembley croatia no chance sunday france will be world champions
    Me too mate. I just think nights like tonight give the fans of the Premiership ‘big boys’a chance to feel like ya Blades do...United first and always for me much as I’d have loved the lads to have won tonight.

Feel sorry for all those fans that have never seen England win a WC,and were getting their hopes up.

Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast