Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 120

Thread: World Cup Sweepstake

  1. #21
    I'm in please.

  2. #22
    Count me in

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    North of London South of Watford
    Posts
    2,995
    Quote Originally Posted by silentjourneyhome View Post
    Thanks Bobby - you’re in together with all the names above.

    Aya - I think the first match kicks off at 4.00 pm so how about we close entries at 2.30pm tomorrow and do the draw at 3pm. If no other way to do the draw I can get 2 ladies in my office to draw it independently but there may be a better way.

    If due to the time factor we have between 16 and 32 entries by 2.30pm could we allocate 1 team to everyone and then a lucky dip draw for some posters to have 2 teams to make up to 32.

    Look forward to hearing from you.
    Sounds good to me SJH - I think we are up to 17 now...........so hopefully we can round up another 10 or so by 2.30 this afternoon....

    Good idea to have an independent draw - hope your ladies can bear this responsibility and are not open to any bribing

  4. #24
    I'm interested if it's still happening?

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    14,689
    You can add my name if it helps with the numbers.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    OK - lets see if Bladesmad can do this.......not sure if we will get enough entries, but if we get 32, we are on.

    Please reply to confirm your entry
    No money involved
    Silent Journey Home is organising.....I'm his little 'elper
    yep im in cheers

  7. #27
    Is there a prize, other than the warm satisfaction of being randomly chosen to feel superior to everyone else?

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Is there a prize, other than the warm satisfaction of being randomly chosen to feel superior to everyone else?
    Booby prize will be a sesh wi BlockmodBenny Pops.I'll be in't sweep if it's free,cos our Gert dunt like mi gamblin. UTCB

  9. #29
    Count me in

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    Sounds good to me SJH - I think we are up to 17 now...........so hopefully we can round up another 10 or so by 2.30 this afternoon....

    Good idea to have an independent draw - hope your ladies can bear this responsibility and are not open to any bribing
    One of the ladies I have asked conducted our office sweepstake yesterday and is very strict indeed as I found out when I tried to swap Senegal for Germany.

    She is a very knowledgeable Blade (she even told me how to spell knowledgeable) and is helping to conduct the draw under strictest scrutiny at 3.00 pm (FIFA executives have been invited).

    Think we have 21 now Aya. You need to be at your most persuasive to get us up to 32 by this afternoon. UTB

  11. #31
    Doesn't really matter if its done a day late. Can't influence results after they're in and only one match today

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    North of London South of Watford
    Posts
    2,995
    Quote Originally Posted by silentjourneyhome View Post
    One of the ladies I have asked conducted our office sweepstake yesterday and is very strict indeed as I found out when I tried to swap Senegal for Germany.

    She is a very knowledgeable Blade (she even told me how to spell knowledgeable) and is helping to conduct the draw under strictest scrutiny at 3.00 pm (FIFA executives have been invited).

    Think we have 21 now Aya. You need to be at your most persuasive to get us up to 32 by this afternoon. UTB
    Glad to hear all above board 😊.....22 now....why don't we keep cut off but take out the duffers from the draw for the shortfall ie Iran SArabia etc?

    I reckon we'll get to 24 so that's one team from each group. ...and nobody likes to get a no hoper 😎

  13. #33
    I’ll do it - What do I need to do ??



    QUOTE=Ayamonteblade;38919382]Glad to hear all above board 😊.....22 now....why don't we keep cut off but take out the duffers from the draw for the shortfall ie Iran SArabia etc?

    I reckon we'll get to 24 so that's one team from each group. ...and nobody likes to get a no hoper 😎[/QUOTE]

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Is there a prize, other than the warm satisfaction of being randomly chosen to feel superior to everyone else?
    Who needs to be randomly chosen?


  15. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    North of London South of Watford
    Posts
    2,995
    Quote Originally Posted by Game_of_thow~ins View Post
    I’ll do it - What do I need to do ??



    QUOTE=Ayamonteblade;38919382]Glad to hear all above board ��.....22 now....why don't we keep cut off but take out the duffers from the draw for the shortfall ie Iran SArabia etc?

    I reckon we'll get to 24 so that's one team from each group. ...and nobody likes to get a no hoper ��
    [/QUOTE]

    Nice one GOT nearly there now..............

    Gray
    Diode
    Guanche
    B58
    Mahatma
    SOB
    Herbert
    TT (off on his hols............again I think)

    plus quite a few others

    interested?

  16. #36
    Nice one GOT nearly there now..............

    Gray
    Diode
    Guanche
    B58
    Mahatma
    SOB
    Herbert
    TT (off on his hols............again I think)

    plus quite a few others

    interested?[/QUOTE]

    Some stalwarts there Aya that may like to be in. Should we extend the deadline or do we stick to 2.30 pm today? Quite happy for you to do the draw if you prefer. Was only offering the strict ladies if it helps. Let me know your thoughts.

    Thanks to everyone who has entered so far.

  17. #37
    The strict lady has just commented that we could extend it to 4 pm - what do you think Aya? Strict lady is a bit like Mark from the Guinness Book of Records on A League of Their Own only she smiles less!

    Silverblade has had major problems re registering for this site. When she sets up a new registration it says she is already registered but when she tries to post it won't let her. However, she says she would like to join in if we will let her even though she is not technically a current poster.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by silentjourneyhome View Post
    The strict lady has just commented that we could extend it to 4 pm - what do you think Aya? Strict lady is a bit like Mark from the Guinness Book of Records on A League of Their Own only she smiles less!

    Silverblade has had major problems re registering for this site. When she sets up a new registration it says she is already registered but when she tries to post it won't let her. However, she says she would like to join in if we will let her even though she is not technically a current poster.
    I will have a go,just to add a bit of CLASS. What's it gunna cost mi? UTCB

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    North of London South of Watford
    Posts
    2,995
    Quote Originally Posted by silentjourneyhome View Post
    The strict lady has just commented that we could extend it to 4 pm - what do you think Aya? Strict lady is a bit like Mark from the Guinness Book of Records on A League of Their Own only she smiles less!

    Silverblade has had major problems re registering for this site. When she sets up a new registration it says she is already registered but when she tries to post it won't let her. However, she says she would like to join in if we will let her even though she is not technically a current poster.
    Both sound good to me - and I think strict lady should do the draw at just 3.55pm ...

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    North of London South of Watford
    Posts
    2,995
    Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    I will have a go,just to add a bit of CLASS. What's it gunna cost mi? UTCB
    you're already in Rod?! - unless you're entering twice

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •