+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Off topic - Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Cheers GB, so do I, been going on since last October.

Sorry to read your news but trust you are well.
    Getting there thanks mate. Off for a bit of North Yorkshire therapy soon.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Getting there thanks mate. Off for a bit of North Yorkshire therapy soon.
    Enjoy, just bought a new mororhome so planning a long European trip when sorted

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    I think I ought to add my word of 'thanks very much' to David Cameron. Whatever the rights and wrongs of in and out of the EU, we, the great unwashed of the nation, should never have been asked the question and permitted to get the answer wrong. To remind us all, this arrseburger of a process was kicked off simply to appease his right wing getting fussy about UKIP (and its amazing boggle eyed leader) and the danger of losing a few seats through Daily Mail readers not thinking his party was racist enough to vote for.

Personally, I have great concerns about a 'federal Europe' and think there are lots of advantages of not being in the EU, but if I had realised ALL the implications of exiting, then I might just not have bothered. Instead they gave us the referendum, both sides lied their heads off, because neither side actually had a clue about how this might actually work, and now its all home to roost. The problem now is muddle, with as many tunes as their are fiddlers. Instead of rolling up their sleeves and getting on with the best deal, they are trying to make 600 deals to get it through the Commons and the Lords, many of whom are working for personal interest and in bad faith.

Our nation is facing lots of challenges in the modern world. Housing, Manufacturing, Rail and transport, the NHS, all need massive overhauls, and we've got our leaders arguing the toss over what colour the Customs hut is going to be. Donald Trump wouldn't be feckin about with this. Dreadful racist, crazy b'stard though he is, sometimes you need a bigger crisis to get change, and that often needs a crazy b'stard to make it work.

That's one of the problems with the whole feminisation of education and government. It fails to allow the crazy b'stards to rise to the top, and instead promotes mediocrity, where your ability to rise is based not on whether you can do the job, but whether you rule yourself out by not conforming to their menu of acceptability. Can you imagine where we'd be if this government was the one in place in 1939? Churchill wouldn't get anywhere near power (for his unacceptable support of Empire, and various acts of mysogyny...), and we'd all be speaking German. (we might win a penalty shoot out or two though...)

Anyway, cheers Dave! Hope you and you charming missus are having a nice time sunning yourselves somewhere.

(I can go on for hours about this...)
    Thank you David Cameron

You lot will or not have noticed I do not contribute at all to your brilliant board.
    I have been a lifelong blade and now live in Bristol.
    So this board and live transmitting of matches is precious to me.
    Between seasons are interesting “quiet” periods for the board and bring out off the wall topics.
    This thread is the best explanation of Brexit I have read, seen and heard.
    Thank you FKB for your concise ramblings and the responses from both sides of the argument.
    This board allows normal people to be realistic about what is happening.
    Maybe you should take over the BBC!!!!

Sorry for calling you normal and being gushingly nice. I’ll get better.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwa View Post
    You lot will or not have noticed I do not contribute at all to your brilliant board.
    I have been a lifelong blade and now live in Bristol.
    So this board and live transmitting of matches is precious to me.
    Between seasons are interesting “quiet” periods for the board and bring out off the wall topics.
    This thread is the best explanation of Brexit I have read, seen and heard.
    Thank you FKB for your concise ramblings and the responses from both sides of the argument.
    This board allows normal people to be realistic about what is happening.
    Maybe you should take over the BBC!!!!

Sorry for calling you normal and being gushingly nice. I’ll get better.
    Cheers Roger. I'm quite versatile. I can do both concise and incoherent ramblings. Stick around!

Welcome onboard!

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    I think I ought to add my word of 'thanks very much' to David Cameron. Whatever the rights and wrongs of in and out of the EU, we, the great unwashed of the nation, should never have been asked the question and permitted to get the answer wrong. To remind us all, this arrseburger of a process was kicked off simply to appease his right wing getting fussy about UKIP (and its amazing boggle eyed leader) and the danger of losing a few seats through Daily Mail readers not thinking his party was racist enough to vote for.

Personally, I have great concerns about a 'federal Europe' and think there are lots of advantages of not being in the EU, but if I had realised ALL the implications of exiting, then I might just not have bothered. Instead they gave us the referendum, both sides lied their heads off, because neither side actually had a clue about how this might actually work, and now its all home to roost. The problem now is muddle, with as many tunes as their are fiddlers. Instead of rolling up their sleeves and getting on with the best deal, they are trying to make 600 deals to get it through the Commons and the Lords, many of whom are working for personal interest and in bad faith.

Our nation is facing lots of challenges in the modern world. Housing, Manufacturing, Rail and transport, the NHS, all need massive overhauls, and we've got our leaders arguing the toss over what colour the Customs hut is going to be. Donald Trump wouldn't be feckin about with this. Dreadful racist, crazy b'stard though he is, sometimes you need a bigger crisis to get change, and that often needs a crazy b'stard to make it work.

That's one of the problems with the whole feminisation of education and government. It fails to allow the crazy b'stards to rise to the top, and instead promotes mediocrity, where your ability to rise is based not on whether you can do the job, but whether you rule yourself out by not conforming to their menu of acceptability. Can you imagine where we'd be if this government was the one in place in 1939? Churchill wouldn't get anywhere near power (for his unacceptable support of Empire, and various acts of mysogyny...), and we'd all be speaking German. (we might win a penalty shoot out or two though...)

Anyway, cheers Dave! Hope you and you charming missus are having a nice time sunning yourselves somewhere.

(I can go on for hours about this...)
    feminisation??

Deffo hot flush time (gets tin hat on)

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    feminisation??
    Quotas,political correctness???????????

Let the cream rise to the top regardless of gender surely the last thing feminism wants is favours to help the cause? IF, big IF, it's all about equality surely feminists want it played on a level playing field.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    feminisation??
    Yes, Aya, feminisation. I will explain in my usual bluff and long-winded style, but not today. Busy, busy, busy...

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Quotas,political correctness???????????

Let the cream rise to the top regardless of gender surely the last thing feminism wants is favours to help the cause? IF, big IF, it's all about equality surely feminists want it played on a level playing field.
    Of course we do TT - hello by the way - nice to see you back fit and well

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast