+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy fatha's day

Happy fatha's day

To all Daddy BLADES,especially mi dear departed dad.I miss him very much,have a gud un chaps.UTCB

Cheers Rod. 24 years at Easter my Dad left us. Still think about him every day. Hope your nearest and dearest show you how much they love and respect you today... UTB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    To all Daddy BLADES,especially mi dear departed dad.I miss him very much,have a gud un chaps.UTCB
    When did your dad pass away Rod,my dad went in 1983 i was just 29 years old and Boy George was top of the pops with Karma Chameleon.

Mine went in 1976 when I was 6 so never really knew him but happy fathers day all you dad blades out there

My dear old dad died at 87 and his funeral was on my 57th birthday.

A great bloke - and I was incredibly lucky to have a dad like him.
    I still feel his loss, even now, over 21 years later.

Lost my dad in 97, he was walking up the second hole at Sicklehome golf club Bamford when he died, doing something he loved and in a beautiful spot as well, that tuesday morning he gave me some money to help me with petrol to sort out my course at hallam uni, I had been made redundant in 93 and had taken up one of my hobbies to put get back into work. The guys he was playing with were family friends and apparently one of them phoned Hallam for them to contact me but i Never heard it.
    I got back home and Mum had just finished her lunch and said my sister had phoned could I phone her straight away. I did, she only said one word but I knew straight away, I interrupted her and said "Dads gone hasn't he".
    I then had to sit down and tell mom, later on that day a family friend drove mum and I out to the golf course to pick up his car up and we walked up the second hole to spot where he died, what a wonderfull view of the peak district it was from that spot.
    Both mum and I said "better here than him driving in a car".
    I then drove mum up to the barrel at Bretton and we had a drink and just sat outside taking in the view with us both talking about dad.

My Dad died in 1984 when Torville and Dean won the winter Olympic ice dance title. Listening to Ravel’s Bolero now still takes me back to that night. I got the call to get over to their’s late at night and I’ve never driven in as bad freezing fog before or since. I drove around the Barlborough M1 roundabout several times trying to find the turn off and the ice built up on my car’s radio arial so much it snapped it off. He’d died by the time I got there, and it was several hours later before the doctor arrived because of the weather.

United got promotion back to the second tier 3 months later on the back of Burnley who’d nothing to play for themselves doing us a favour and holding Hull City to just 0-2 mid week after the season had already ended for us. We went up on goals scored, and Blades that attended the game said the Burnley players ran their blood to water, I’ve always had a soft spot for the Clarets ever since. When the final whistle went and we were up, the first thing I thought about was to phone my Dad. I blubbed like a babby when I realised that I wouldn’t be able to share my joy with him, more-so even than the night he died when I seemed to be more in shock and concerned about being strong for others. That game was my emotional release, I’d been told that it’d have to happen to and it did.

Happy Father’s Day Dad. I hope you mi Mam and our Pat are looking after our Bar.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    When did your dad pass away Rod,my dad went in 1983 i was just 29 years old and Boy George was top of the pops with Karma Chameleon.
    Took dogs a walk this morning came back and guess what was playing on the radio..............Karma Chameleon...............

Always associated that song with when my dad died

Took dogs a walk this morning came back and guess what was playing on the radio..............Karma Chameleon...............

Always associated that song with when my dad died
    He will be smiling down on you CB.

11th November 1990 at 11 minutes past 11 my dad died mate.Ironic really cos he alluss brought us up to respect the minutes silence,he wasn't a military man,he was a miner but he always respected the lads and lasses of our Armed Forces.My mum died 9th May 1984,her funeral was on the 15th same day as we went up when Hull only beat Burnley by 2goals,the only time i can remember when i dint gi a shiny abart our beloved BLADES.Hope we've all had a good day.UTCB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast