+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Off topic - Brexit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    A lot is made of the younger voters being solidly 'Remain' and how the older ones are screwing up their future of working abroad and easy currency changes for their holidays. Nonsense!!! The thing about youth is they know feck all about owt. They are inexperienced and idealistic. What you need are decisions being made by crusty owd b'stards who've been through the mill a few times and have the scars to prove it. I've maintained for a minimum age of 55 for MP's*. Now I'm over 55 myself, I think I'm actually right.

Politics should be about a long term vision, a legacy, not making a career in your thirties then 'retiring' to some fat non-Exec jobs. I want MP's who've lived, raised their families to adulthood, made mistakes, have flaws, had to stand in the firing line and lived to tell the tale, and now want to make this country a better and more successful place. I don't want w-anchors who's experience of life is priviledged home to priviledged school to priviledged university to the House of Commons and never done a days work in all that time. There's no wonder we're up the creek, and no-one can even see the big picture, so long as theres a BMW on the drive of their nice 4 bed house, and a foreign holiday, and a nice priviledged school for George and Poppy to go to, feck averyone struggling to afford somewher to live and working their knackers off on minimum wages to do it, everythings fine

*The most radical government of the 20th century was Clement Atlees Labour Government of 1945. The average age of Cabinet Ministers on appointment was 55.
    Last edited by FatherKnowsBest; 14-06-2018 at 06:32 AM.