+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: who would you get rid off

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    hahaha

it's just that last time we was there it was soul destroying and I just don't want that to happen again.

relegation I can handle but not by kind of
    margin.

we shall see how good these strikers are in the first 10 games.
    Relegation is relegation whether you go down on 1st April or 1st t May. At least we knew we were down early enough last time. I personally would not get rid of any of the strikers at this moment. All have qualities that enhance the team.

Quote Originally Posted by sCORaFU View Post
    Relegation is relegation whether you go down on 1st April or 1st t May. At least we knew we were down early enough last time. I personally would not get rid of any of the strikers at this moment. All have qualities that enhance the team.
    yes relegation is relegation but you got to put some pride in the club and go down fighting.instead of been the joke of the championship and the football league.
    I would rather get relegated on the last day of the season than 3 weeks before it finished at least that means it's been close and you aren't just a coupon tick.

the difference is a Stubbs performance against a warnock performance.

I don't think any of the current strikers have 10-15 goals in them and as a minimum we will need someone to do that.

as we.all know rotherham is a hive for intellectuals.

can't you tell
    Made me smile. So you think someone must be an intellectual if they know how to spell a two letter word correctly 😕

yes relegation is relegation but you got to put some pride in the club and go down fighting.instead of been the joke of the championship and the football league.
    I would rather get relegated on the last day of the season than 3 weeks before it finished at least that means it's been close and you aren't just a coupon tick.

the difference is a Stubbs performance against a warnock performance.

I don't think any of the current strikers have 10-15 goals in them and as a minimum we will need someone to do that.
    To be fair Warne has got this team playing with more spirit and gusto than any manager since RM, so if you're lauding what NW did then you have to support PW to the hilt, and trust in his obvious good judgement in players. You've slated most of our players on here, the most recent being Ball, who's to say his style doesn't suit the championship, certainly not you.

One more thing, Are you GWRU in disguise??

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    To be fair Warne has got this team playing with more spirit and gusto than any manager since RM, so if you're lauding what NW did then you have to support PW to the hilt, and trust in his obvious good judgement in players. You've slated most of our players on here, the most recent being Ball, who's to say his style doesn't suit the championship, certainly not you.

One more thing, Are you GWRU in disguise??
    I haven't slated our players I just don't think most of them are upto championship standards. every player has a limit.

i haven't slagged Paul Warne off he has got his hands tied behind his back but ultimately he is the manager and it falls on his head.

keeping rotherham in the championship under warnock is ten times a better achievement than Warne getting us promoted.

keeping rotherham in the championship under warnock is ten times a better achievement than Warne getting us promoted.
    Ten times better? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Ten times better? Really?
    yes really

I haven't slated our players I just don't think most of them are upto championship standards. every player has a limit.

i haven't slagged Paul Warne off he has got his hands tied behind his back but ultimately he is the manager and it falls on his head.

I'll pick up on a couple of your earlier points.

1. As a fan a last day relegation leaves you gutted instead of at least not trying to think back on if only
    2. You and I don't know whether these strikers have 10-15 goals in them at championship level. Yes goalies and defenders are better in general, but they still make mistakes. Ball for example may well find the championship more to his liking and Williams will still get free kick around the box for our set pieces for our big lads. Smith and Proctor remind me of that big Ipswich player a few years ago who score a lot of goals when we went up with Steve Evans. I cant remember his name but he scored against us.

As to your point about hands being tied, do you really want another administration? And didn't Warney refuse some transfer cash last year in order to improve the training facilities. That's medium to long term thinking to help build a club. As for the comment about Warnock, well that was obviously a joke.

Try taking some happy pills fella, eh.

Quote Originally Posted by sCORaFU View Post
    I'll pick up on a couple of your earlier points.

1. As a fan a last day relegation leaves you gutted instead of at least not trying to think back on if only
    2. You and I don't know whether these strikers have 10-15 goals in them at championship level. Yes goalies and defenders are better in general, but they still make mistakes. Ball for example may well find the championship more to his liking and Williams will still get free kick around the box for our set pieces for our big lads. Smith and Proctor remind me of that big Ipswich player a few years ago who score a lot of goals when we went up with Steve Evans. I cant remember his name but he scored against us.

As to your point about hands being tied, do you really want another administration? And didn't Warney refuse some transfer cash last year in order to improve the training facilities. That's medium to long term thinking to help build a club. As for the comment about Warnock, well that was obviously a joke.
    1) getting relegated last day of the season or 3 weeks before your gutted.if your relegated 3 weeks before why would you want the season to continue and it means you have been piss poor.

2) no I have not got a crystal ball but like horses you can only go on the form it has done and these strikers average 1 goal every 4 games to 1 goal every 6 games at a lower standard.

3) I have never mentioned spending beyond our capabilities but what I have questioned is if there isn't 2 million in the transfer fund for the championship than Tony Stewart for all tho good he has done is out of his depth in th championship.

4)it's a joke thinking Warne getting us promotion is a better achievement than warnock keeping us up

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast