+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: who would you get rid off

"so you think when was rotherham was in the championship we had roughly the same kind of budget available for transfers and wages been paid out as the other teams in the championship."

No, but that isn't what you actually said.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    feel free to put figures up of what Warnock spent as you allready have said he had a load of cash to spend.
    Have a look at the next accounts when they come out.
    Do you think the players he brought in on loan to save our season came in on the cheap?
    Redfearn & Stubbs both inexperienced at Championship, if you want experience ie Warnock you have to pay for it.
    Neil was brought in at short notice, job done.

Logging off.
    Last edited by Casper64Frank; 15-06-2018 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    Have a look at the next accounts when they come out.
    Do you think the players he brought in on loan to save our season came in on the cheap?
    Redfearn & Stubbs both inexperienced at Championship, if you want experience ie Warnock you have to pay for it.

Logging off.
    I bet rotherham united made more money from Warnock saving us and been in the championship another season than they spent on Warnock and the his backroom staff wages and the players he signed on free transfers for 16 games.

what would you rather do spend 1 million and make 8 or spend 500k and lose 7 million (what it prob cost getting relegated)

I bet rotherham united made more money from Warnock saving us and been in the championship another season than they spent on Warnock and the his backroom staff wages and the players he signed on free transfers for 16 games.
    What point are you actually trying to make?

what would you rather do spend 1 million and make 8 or spend 500k and lose 7 million (what it prob cost getting relegated)
    Your next quote will more than likely be " Speculate to accumulate " it's the usual quote.
    £1M wouldn't have saved our last season in the Championship, nowhere near. The club may have realised that and started " battening down the hatches " in preparations for League 1.
    Ideally I would like the club to spend up to £3M if the right players are available.
    Do you not think that TS and the Finance Director at our club didn't realise what it would cost to drop down to League 1.
    Sometimes it's better to step back and have another go.
    As much as I enjoyed the 3 seasons in the Championship they were hard work and two months after Jackett left Paul Warne was nailed on for manager.
    You remember PAUL, he's that one that runs round cones.

You need an holiday boothy, Norfolk is nice at this time of the year, you could do us a scouting job on the two NORWICH players we're supposed to be interested in.

Strange how boothy didn’t acknowledge my post, I suppose you must have been stumped .
    Definitely on here to wind others up

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Strange how boothy didn’t acknowledge my post, I suppose you must have been stumped .
    Definitely on here to wind others up
    Since Kempo was exiled, Tommy Bonce sunk without a trace and Anastasiacrabapple was struck down by codling moths, wlb has started more threads in a week than he had done in the previous 6 months. As Loyd Grossman used to say, the clues are there.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Since Kempo was exiled, Tommy Bonce sunk without a trace and Anastasiacrabapple was struck down by codling moths, wlb has started more threads in a week than he had done in the previous 6 months. As Loyd Grossman used to say, the clues are there.
    Yes and his "inarticulateness" has been considerably less obvious in recent posts. Perhaps he (not sure which incarnation) has been taking English lessons from a doctor?

[QUOTE=Casper64Frank;38920337]Your next quote will more than likely be " Speculate to accumulate " it's the usual quote.
    £1M wouldn't have saved our last season in the Championship, nowhere near. The club may have realised that and started " battening down the hatches " in preparations for League 1.
    Ideally I would like the club to spend up to £3M if the right players are available.
    Do you not think that TS and the Finance Director at our club didn't realise what it would cost to drop down to League 1.
    Sometimes it's better to step back and have another go.
    As much as I enjoyed the 3 seasons in the Championship they were hard work and two months after Jackett left Paul Warne was nailed on for manager.
    You remember PAUL, he's that one that runs round cones.

You need an holiday boothy, Norfolk is nice at this time of the year, you could do us a scouting job on the two NORWICH players we're

I agree with this post but it has nothing to do with the topic we have been talking about.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast