+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: who would you get rid off

[QUOTE=welovebooth;38919845]
    Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post

you don't actually get the point do you?
    the point is I don't want the club to lose I want them to win and survive and establish themselves as a championship club but with the squad at the moment I cant see it happening.
    Of course not we don’t have a goal keeper lol

Let’s just wait until start mate, worrying about nothing is just silly

Last season there were many times when I sat at matches thinking 'this team would get slaughtered in the championship ', even when we were doing well.
    There was a thread near the end of the season, well before it ended, about players we thought could make it in the championship and I think most people struggled to pick half a dozen.
    So based on that, we need to get rid of most of the squad and quickly build a new one 😨

Personally I wouldn't get rid of any.
    1. They would have to put them out on loan...or...
    2. Make them available for transfer and hope some other club takes them...or..
    3. Pay their contracts up....it's not going to happen.

Why not bring another striker in, two if possible. One permanent and one on loan to supplement what we have.
    It would make for good competition for starting places. No one player should have a divine right to a starting place, they have to earn that red shirt and work hard to keep it.
    It needs plenty of options to change the team when necessary.

No comparison with Warnock and Warne.
    First one had a load of cash at his disposal and saved our season, second one had a decent budget for League 1 and got promotion.

ok if Warne keeps us up.

what's a better achievement keeping us up in the championship or getting us promotion from league 1

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    Personally I wouldn't get rid of any.
    1. They would have to put them out on loan...or...
    2. Make them available for transfer and hope some other club takes them...or..
    3. Pay their contracts up....it's not going to happen.

Why not bring another striker in, two if possible. One permanent and one on loan to supplement what we have.
    It would make for good competition for starting places. No one player should have a divine right to a starting place, they have to earn that red shirt and work hard to keep it.
    It needs plenty of options to change the team when necessary.

No comparison with Warnock and Warne.
    First one had a load of cash at his disposal and saved our season, second one had a decent budget for League 1 and got promotion.
    a load of cash available??

In context of league spending per team I can safely guarantee Warne had a load of cash to spend and Warnock had nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post

In context of league spending per team I can safely guarantee Warne had a load of cash to spend and Warnock had nothing.
    Can you? Go on then.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    You didn't read my post correctly.
    Where did Paul Warne spend all the cash that was available to him.
    Top five budget, no doubt about that.

Feel free to put some figures up what it actually cost for Neil Warnock to save our season, don't forget to add on what we paid him for achieving what looked liked an impossible escape.

You can't compare promotion from League 1 to saving our season in the Championship.
    If Warnock did it on the cheap why didn't we do the same thing when Jackett left the club. ??
    Last edited by Casper64Frank; 15-06-2018 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Can you? Go on then.
    so you think when was rotherham was in the championship we had roughly the same kind of budget available for transfers and wages been paid out as the other teams in the championship.

Feel free to put some figures up what it actually cost for Neil Warnock to save our season, don't forget to add on what we paid him for achieving what looked liked an impossible escape.

You can't compare promotion from League 1 to saving our season in the Championship.
    If Warnock did it on the cheap why didn't we do the same thing when Jackett left the club. ??
    you just aswered the question if what Warnock did wasn't mission impossible how come Stubbs couldn't do it redfearn couldn't do it jackett realised he couldnt do it and walked and Warne well let's not go there.

feel free to put figures up of what Warnock spent as you allready have said he had a load of cash to spend.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast