+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How bad will it get at the World Cup?

How bad will it get at the World Cup?

Not on the pitch (pretty sure how that will turn out ) but off it? Seems to be a lot of speculation about Russian hooligans etc, is this just usual media hype or is there more to it this time? Personally I don't think I would travel to Russia because of the so called Russian threat. Maybe I spend too much time on the internet.

Add 1 equal mix of nobheads from England, Poland, Serbia, germany, and Russia. Plus the Russian police it's not going to be pretty.
    Always said. Stick the lot in a empty stadium and none is allowed out till there's 1 left standing. Though it looks like there already organising this kinda thing themselves

https://youtu.be/GixD44_yA

If it’s the ones that go looking for trouble that get hurt that’s fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    If it’s the ones that go looking for trouble that get hurt that’s fine by me.
    You'd have to be pretty thick to go looking for trouble there. It will more likely be the innocent fans that get caught up in it. Do we know how many England fans are going?

According to an interview I saw on tv with one of the russian nut jobs who was in Marseille two years ago nothing is going to go off .

Celebration of football in their country and they aren't getting involved .

We will see of course .

I really don't think that the Russians will risk going against what the state has ordered.

The rest will fight it out between themselves.

I hope that the thickest of them realise that every Russian has done 2 years military service.

I was at the England friendly with Costa Rica last week and this "service" was being heavily promoted around the ground. I've not clicked the Get Started button but I think the cover page is enough!

http://www.pickadefender.com/#/

I've watched a few programmes about this subject and to be fair to the Russian gov't they've been knocking on doors of the 'ultras leaders' and warned them off, so i really don't think it will be the Russians, as for the others? who knows, i'm sure they'll be wary of the Russian police response, and if they do kick off a five year stretch in a gulag would do it for me, regardless of nationality.

Two years ago vespabri, myself and a couple of others arrived at a service station in-between Claremont Ferrand and St Étienne on our way to a match.
    When we got out of the car someone shouted something in Russian. We were relieved to hear a group of Belgian guys laughing at our reaction

you get the feeling if your Russian you don't go against Putin or the authorities in Russia.

England police have confiscated 1800 passports of known trouble makers so the real people aren't going to be there.

(well most of them anyway)