+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opening day

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    Agree with Ghost they all have to played throughout the season. Personally I would rather meet good sides early on though and not at the end of the season when we might need the points

Good festive fixtures Liverpool and Man Utd, bring them on.
    I see what you mean, Terry. But if the first six games were against last year's Top 6 and we ended up with 0 or 1 point after those games we'd be in a regular crisis, and confidence would be very low, even if we then would have an "easier" schedule ahead of us. Of course you have to play the big teams at some point, and certainly there's a chance we can steal a draw or a win on a good day from all of them, but I think it's better to get a mix of games against the top sides then mid-table/lower-table teams.

Brutal start and ****ty xmas period but a reasonable run in from Feb.

Some respects might be good playing bigger ones first as lots of their players will be at world cup so hopefully not firing on all cyclinders.

Grab a sneaky win somewhere and a draw or two . . . . or i could wake up

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Brutal start and ****ty xmas period but a reasonable run in from Feb.

Some respects might be good playing bigger ones first as lots of their players will be at world cup so hopefully not firing on all cyclinders.

Grab a sneaky win somewhere and a draw or two . . . . or i could wake up
    well we got a sneaky win or 2 and a draw or 2 last season off those lot... from what i recall

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    well we got a sneaky win or 2 and a draw or 2 last season off those lot... from what i recall
    Aye, well i'd take playing spuds first again if we finish 10th again

Dont mind playing the big teams early after WC and before they start to fire. Also good we only have one newly promoted team early on too while they are full of beans, confidence and focus at the begining. Bring it on.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    We'll beat them.
    When I see a fixture against Spuds I think of the last game before Fatties 2nd relegation where they were Prem top contenders and we hammered them off the park.

Quote Originally Posted by ranat22 View Post
    meh...we've just beat chelsea,palace,man u,arsenal with a championship side,if the fat slug gets his wallet out and spend some of the money sky and the fans give him,rafa might do it again!
    Yes that's it. You have to be positive. Who's to say we can't get more points from that lot than we drop.

To be honest, I think I'd rather play the bigger teams-maybe not this many - before they fully get into their stride.

You look at a 100m sprint race and to start off with, some of the weaker runners are almost on a par with the best ones...until their class shows and they pull away. I think the Prem can be a bit like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    To be honest, I think I'd rather play the bigger teams-maybe not this many - before they fully get into their stride.

You look at a 100m sprint race and to start off with, some of the weaker runners are almost on a par with the best ones...until their class shows and they pull away. I think the Prem can be a bit like that.
    yep. to a T

The top six have a lot of players away in the World Cup and will want a holiday before they start pre season.Spurs have Kane,Ali,Trippier,Rose and Dier with England will they be ready for season start mentally.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)