+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: German history.

German history.

I find it fascinating. No other European country has changed shape so much. Going from a huge kingdom until medieval times, to becoming a series of small states and petty kingdoms, then being unified under Bismark, shrunk again after Versailles, massive expansion under Hitler, divided again until the late 80's.

Today it is again the most powerful European country, with a huge population.
    A country that produces superb scientists, architects, manufacturers, musicians composers and sportsmen.
    A Germany given full rein would wipe the floor with America.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    I find it fascinating. No other European country has changed shape so much. Going from a huge kingdom until medieval times, to becoming a series of small states and petty kingdoms, then being unified under Bismark, shrunk again after Versailles, massive expansion under Hitler, divided again until the late 80's.

A country that produces superb scientists, architects, manufacturers, musicians composers and sportsmen.
    . You got German blood by any chance mate.

A unified Germany is and always has been a threat to the world that's why the wall was built.give them time and they will revert to type once more

Quote Originally Posted by albion68 View Post
    . You got German blood by any chance mate.
    I think most of us have, Royal Family as well.
    They were our closest ally until Victoria's grandkid little Willy got naughty.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA53 View Post
    A unified Germany is and always has been a threat to the world that's why the wall was built.give them time and they will revert to type once more
    Yeah, they are great at making Camera's, Binoculars, Cuckoo Clocks and war. Probably why they haven't got their own nuclear deterrent.

I think the Dutch, Belgians,Italians most Eastern European and definitely the Balkan countries might want to contest the changed the most bit.

Just returned from hols in Germany and a few other bordering countries and found it the least enjoyable for various reasons. By no means hated it but didn't love it. The scientisits etc applies equally to the French, Italians, Spanish, us and a few others.

Don't understand what your full rein bit means. Do you think they should have the nuclear bomb for instance?

Yeah, they are great at making Camera's, Binoculars, Cuckoo Clocks and war. Probably why they haven't got their own nuclear deterrent.
    But will soon head and lead an EU army.power grabbers to the bitter end

I like the way Silvio Burlesconi summed up the “Mother of the German nation”
    Mrs Merkel.

He described her as an “ un f u c k able lard a r s e “

When I think of Germany I think of three things...arrogance,women with hairy armpits and of small moustaches.

Personally I like the Dutch.....they hate the Germans even more than we do!

Didn't know whether to post this under the Lawlessness Thread or this one.

In 2017 which European nation has suffered the the biggest spike in violent crime?

Which European Nation has received most immigrants in 2017?

Clue: It's the same answer to both questions.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I like the way Silvio Burlesconi summed up the “Mother of the German nation” Mrs Merkel. He described her as an “ un f u c k able lard a r s e “. When I think of Germany I think of three things...arrogance,women with hairy armpits and of small moustaches. Personally I like the Dutch.....they hate the Germans even more than we do!
    I agree Mick that we do seem to have that similar connection with the Dutch and the Belgians as well, when it comes to disliking the Germans lol. And its a tough one for me because we've just appointed a flippin' German as our new manager/coach.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)