+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Am I the only one that thinks this?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Absolute rubbish Boingy.

There are a large % of our fans who constantly wear rose tinted specs and anything that’s said against a player or the club gets their backs up.

I sometimes wonder how fans can defend certain players,especially the mediocre foreigners we buy in yet hardly anybody is in here supporting the cause of our home growns prospects like Sam Field.

Everyone including the club stroking the ego of that useless Pole last season whereas in the matches I saw Field last season he was more than worth a place in the team.

This is a forum for 30 people with nothing better to do.......do you really think the players read what we say on here!?

Really!?
    Funny how we see things differenty.

I think by far and away the biggest %age of fans on here, in the Hawthorns and sat at home who do whatever the opposite of wearing rose coloured glasses is. Hence my comment about blimey 3 positive posts in a row.

I really don't get sat there thinking the worst.

Prior to the start of last season people on here were tipping us for a top 7/8 finish.......I looked at the lack of pace in the squad,the lack of a goal threat up front,from wide and from midfield and predicted bottom 4 but I wasn’t sure if we’d be 17th or relegated but I couldn’t see anything other than trouble.

I also looked at the dire final three months of the previous season and a poor pre season allied to the Chadli debacle and Morison’s injury woes.

Rather than a total pessimist I’m more of a realist than anything else,I don’t just look a a £120k a week pay packet for a player and think he’s the new saviour.

If Rondon is CF next season we’ll struggle again.....you need a heavy number of goals to escape that division and as of yet we have not purchased the goals we need,the same weaknesses are there now as were there last season.

We need more legs and pace for this division and we need to nail this down before the season and not on August 31st 6 matches into next season.

If we do that we’ll end up Adam Le Fondre and Steve Sidwell.

Prior to the start of last season people on here were tipping us for a top 7/8 finish.......I looked at the lack of pace in the squad,the lack of a goal threat up front,from wide and from midfield and predicted bottom 4 but I wasn’t sure if we’d be 17th or relegated but I couldn’t see anything other than trouble.

I also looked at the dire final three months of the previous season and a poor pre season allied to the Chadli debacle and Morison’s injury woes.

Rather than a total pessimist I’m more of a realist than anything else,I don’t just look a a £120k a week pay packet for a player and think he’s the new saviour.

If Rondon is CF next season we’ll struggle again.....you need a heavy number of goals to escape that division and as of yet we have not purchased the goals we need,the same weaknesses are there now as were there last season.

We need more legs and pace for this division and we need to nail this down before the season and not on August 31st 6 matches into next season.

I don't know anyone who doesn't consider themsdelves a realist.

I think I am correct in saying that outside the biggest 7 clubs the 3 teams that had been in the Prem the longest were also the 3 teams that got relegated. All of us are just queuing up for our turn to get it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    I don't know anyone who doesn't consider themsdelves a realist.

I think I am correct in saying that outside the biggest 7 clubs the 3 teams that had been in the Prem the longest were also the 3 teams that got relegated. All of us are just queuing up for our turn to get it wrong.
    Spot on. The sport in England is a busted flush. TV continue to push it which the young uns buy in to, many of the rest of us have began to turn our backs on it. Leicester gave everyone hope but when will a team outside the top 7 next win the league? I doubt anyone over 50 will live to see it.
    Nowadays I follow Albion not football.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    Spot on. The sport in England is a busted flush. TV continue to push it which the young uns buy in to, many of the rest of us have began to turn our backs on it. Leicester gave everyone hope but when will a team outside the top 7 next win the league? I doubt anyone over 50 will live to see it.
    Nowadays I follow Albion not football.
    We could have started by employing the ex baggies chaps that set it all up for Leicester, everyone getting emotional about the good run at the end of last season....the two chaps in question were unbeaten in their short time at the helm winning four and drawing one.

I too looked at our squad and while encouraged by the 'supposed' quality of our signings I couldn't understand why we hadn't addressed it's glaringly obvious deficiencies. Unlike Swedish and yourself I didn't post of those concerns, so fair play to you and well called.

But as a relative newcomer to the site (2011 having read for a year previously) you've predicted we're in the sh it more times than I remember. That said I'm pretty sure it's been prior to almost (if not) every season and transfer window since. With this in mind it was bound to fall your way eventually and I dare say Brock's could/would have given you decent odds for it too .

However ..... you also openly stated Alan Pardew was a 'real manager' and you felt we should keep hold of him even if relegated.

Any thoughts regarding the latter.............. ?

As for Pardew I was initially impressed with the way he turned the Pulis turgid s h I t into a more positive style of play and I thought the away performance at Liverpool in the cup was a real turning point.

I was wrong and he lost the plot and after the home defeat to Southampton I freely admit I gave up...!

You’re clever with words 68....I won’t bother bandying them with you.

Sometimes I’m right and sometimes I’m wrong but my contention over recent seasons is that to most of us the lack of pace,goals from midfield and up front,not buying proper fullbacks and a creative midfielder has meant we were masters of our own demise.

As a committed supporter and a student of the game I’d be amazed if you hadn’t noticed this and weren’t concerned about it.

I voice my opinions and take on the chin when I’m wrong....others just wait for the mouthy ones like me to make a mistake and then jump all over us.

A cross I’ll have to bare.

Hello Mick.

I’m a committed supporter but wouldn’t boast of/lay claim to being a student of the game. I know what I see, I look at a player’s balance and runs and like your good self I base opinions there on, just as we both did with young Saido Berahino and Chris Woods.

That said I’ll openly admit there are times when I have absolutely no idea which game I’ve witnessed when reading this and other forums. Opinions are great, everyone has one……….

You voice your opinions and fair play to you as acknowledged. It takes honesty to post as you do and I’m not knocking that. On the other hand the majority of your concerns have proven unfounded over the years.

As for myself I’m not particularly clever with words (or anything else for that matter) and don’t wait to jump on others. I rarely pick over posts either so there’ll be no need for a bandying of words one way or the other.

For your benefit though I’ll openly admit I thought Ideye Brown would have done better for us with decent support and even posted such when you invited the opinions of others. There I've said it, and again fair play to you for calling it right but I’ll qualify that with an emphasis on ‘decent’ support. Probably with a crutch, an ambulance or a shot gun to have put him out of his misery . I’ll certainly never forget ‘that’ miss at Vile Park .

All of the very best Mick, I hope to make your acquaintance one day and look forward to your open invitation of a pint (or two). Take care fella and COYB .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)