+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alan Hardy web chat

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post

Dont be surprised if Nolan does the same to Hemmings and plays Stead and Dennis has the 2 strikers. Listening to an interview recently with Thomas, he said that Hemmings will be best used outside the box..... Having watched some of the goals that he has scored, most have been inside the box......
    I was having a good day until I read that.

Surely Dennis & Hemmings will play up front and Stead warms the bench

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    He spent three quarters of last season sulking, when KN did give him a chance to impress he looked like he wasn't bothered and didn't want to be at the club until the last 10 games when it was contract time.
    You are assuming and guessing quite a bit there Oldstripy, a lot of which can only have come from other assumers and guessers on Notts Mad.

How do you know he didn't want to be at the club? How do you know he was sulking? Was he mooching around the car park looking miserable and upset and not talking to anyone? Or, if he was upset, maybe it was because he was told "Not today Jon" or "I hope you're feeling fit, Jon, 'cos it's chase the high ball time again for you, good luck!".

His game is as a central striker with the ball played to him or for him to run onto, not to chase a ball lobbed just anywhere. If he isn't used centrally then he's not at his best and he wouldn't look "bothered".

There we have the reason why he looked much better (and scored goals) in the last ten(?) games, it's because he took the position normally reserved for Stead.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    You are assuming and guessing quite a bit there Oldstripy, a lot of which can only have come from other assumers and guessers on Notts Mad.

How do you know he didn't want to be at the club? How do you know he was sulking? Was he mooching around the car park looking miserable and upset and not talking to anyone? Or, if he was upset, maybe it was because he was told "Not today Jon" or "I hope you're feeling fit, Jon, 'cos it's chase the high ball time again for you, good luck!".

His game is as a central striker with the ball played to him or for him to run onto, not to chase a ball lobbed just anywhere. If he isn't used centrally then he's not at his best and he wouldn't look "bothered".

There we have the reason why he looked much better (and scored goals) in the last ten(?) games, it's because he took the position normally reserved for Stead.
    The nail hit firmly on the head. If you use a " pace" player , he should confront, and outpace the defence, not act as a chaser of lost causes. I'm a great admirer of KN , but I definitely think he got that one wrong.

I wonder if Alan can let us know how the Academy did with the recent Audit and if he is still going for Cat 2 status?

Whatever is said and now the dust has settled, We failed! We were in a great position at Xmas and failed to strengthen the squad. Mason Bennett has a long history of being injured, it was similar to West Brom signing Sturridge with the same outcome. We simply were not good enough and the football at times was dire...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123