+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alan Hardy web chat

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    is this from a reliable source or just wishful thinking on your behalf..??
    A sprinkling of both. A hint, no denial and me wishfully thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Maybe, but don't you think he was involved in the January transfer window fiasco that AH alluded to? The one where he said lessons had been learned?
    "Players, agents, secretaries, medical staff, it’s a nightmare trying to co-ordinate in June. Don’t worry, it’ll all fall into place #MLisThePlaceToBe"

So was it different last year?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    A sprinkling of both. A hint, no denial and me wishfully thinking.
    Sounds like my 50 years of supporting Notts.

My first game had:

Don Masson, Dave Needham, Keith Smith, and Keith Pring all in the same squad. The two faces of NCFC . Perhaps the smiley one might come back sooner rather than later.

Johnny Forte is available.....He is fast and can score goals with both feet and his head, unlike the donkey we have kept on..

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    Sounds like my 50 years of supporting Notts.

My first game had:

Don Masson, Dave Needham, Keith Smith, and Keith Pring all in the same squad. The two faces of NCFC . Perhaps the smiley one might come back sooner rather than later.
    Hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Johnny Forte is available.....He is fast and can score goals with both feet and his head, unlike the donkey we have kept on..
    He spent three quarters of last season sulking, when KN did give him a chance to impress he looked like he wasn't bothered and didn't want to be at the club until the last 10 games when it was contract time.
    Last edited by Oldstripy; 16-06-2018 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    He spent three quarters of last season sulking, when KN did give him a chance to impress he looked like he wasn't bothered and didn't want to be at the club until the last 10 games when it was contract time.

He was never going to be first choice in the first place regardless of how good he played. Nolan not knowing his ar*s from his elbow believed that both Stead and Ameobi were the better strikers. fortunately it took an injury to Stead for him to realise that he was wrong. Nolan now had no choice but to play Forte in his prefered central striking role.
    Previous to that most of his other appearances he had been stuck out on the wing watching balls fly over his head to no-one.

Dont be surprised if Nolan does the same to Hemmings and plays Stead and Dennis has the 2 strikers. Listening to an interview recently with Thomas, he said that Hemmings will be best used outside the box..... Having watched some of the goals that he has scored, most have been inside the box......

The guys who guided us to an unexpected 5th does not know his arse from his elbow? Interesting. Imagine if he did. We would have got well over 100 points last season. Easily.
    Last season was all about consolidation, the manager and chairman both said as much. The players signed and Re-signed were players that KN trusted whilst he felt his way in to the club and made changes in the back ground. Fast forward a year, KN is clearly more comfortable with how the club is, his staff etc. He released a lot of dead wood and his mates. Couple this with an injection of cash from the chairman and the squad looks better.
    I think any sensible fan would agree we over achieved last season, and Kevin ‘plays his mates’ Nolan was a massive contributing factor in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    The guys who guided us to an unexpected 5th does not know his arse from his elbow? Interesting. Imagine if he did. We would have got well over 100 points last season. Easily.
    Last season was all about consolidation, the manager and chairman both said as much. The players signed and Re-signed were players that KN trusted whilst he felt his way in to the club and made changes in the back ground. Fast forward a year, KN is clearly more comfortable with how the club is, his staff etc. He released a lot of dead wood and his mates. Couple this with an injection of cash from the chairman and the squad looks better.
    I think any sensible fan would agree we over achieved last season, and Kevin ‘plays his mates’ Nolan was a massive contributing factor in that.
    Yep remember that all the players were crap and our manager knows **** all. Maybe the tea lady was responsible for us finishing 5th!

We could well have gone up if he hadn't persisted with Stead and Ameobi.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast