+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First Game At The World Cup

First Game At The World Cup

My word , how bad were Saudi Arabia , or were that Russia good?

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    My word , how bad were Saudi Arabia , or were that Russia good?
    No better than a pub side, shocking.
    There are far better teams not made it.
    But FIFA loves **** teams like SA, as it projects their silly 3 rd rate policy and fills their coffers.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    But FIFA loves **** teams like SA, as it projects their silly 3 rd rate policy and fills their coffers.
    Agree with that Tricky... Saudi played some pretty football but up front they were about as threatening as a plastic spoon... Russia put them to the sword today and scored some lovely goals, the 4th could be goal of the tournament, absolute corker off the outside of his left foot...

Only watched the first half, thought both teams were absolute garbage, Coventry would have hammered them both!

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Have to agree , when you think of some of the teams that didn't make it !

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Only watched the first half, thought both teams were absolute garbage, Coventry would have hammered them both!
    Coventry !without the help of the EFL ?
    Last edited by navypie; 14-06-2018 at 05:38 PM.

I saw only the first 40 minutes. I thought Russia were about the standard of an average Championship side. Saudi Arabia seemed to lack even the most basic of skills and seemed to me to be worse than the worst League 2 sides. As the score was only 1-0 when I went out, I assume Saudi got even worse as the game went on. You have to ask how a side as bad as them made it to the World Cup finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    I saw only the first 40 minutes. I thought Russia were about the standard of an average Championship side. Saudi Arabia seemed to lack even the most basic of skills and seemed to me to be worse than the worst League 2 sides. As the score was only 1-0 when I went out, I assume Saudi got even worse as the game went on. You have to ask how a side as bad as them made it to the World Cup finals.
    Politics.

And potentially 16 worse sides to be added going in to future World Cups.
    Why can’t FIFA just do a World Cup Equivolent for nations who are piss poor? Cricket and Rugby do it

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    And potentially 16 worse sides to be added going in to future World Cups.
    Why can’t FIFA just do a World Cup Equivolent for nations who are piss poor? Cricket and Rugby do it
    I agree 100%

It is supposed to be the pinnacle of the best, for the title.
    But as Navy says, politics and satisfying the 3rd world takes priority over purity.
    Every game, could be an entertainment fest. Instead, you have to endure this **** for a world cup opener.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast