+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: mbemba gone for 8 million

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    him and mitro most other managers in our position would swalow their pride and work with them
    It's not about swallowing pride, it's about instilling a doctrine of discipline and team work. How come other players, past and present heap praise on him?

At this point, we need to accept that he's gone despite showing a lot of quality without doing a lot wrong.
    I'm hoping we invest in LB cover with the money. Not a lot of faith in incoming transfers though.

him and mitro most other managers in our position would swalow their pride and work with them
    Mitro is too slow for most Prem defenders but just because he scored a few in the Championship you want him to stay, and who would you drop for Mbemba if he doesn't want to warm the bench,Lejuene or Lascelles.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    Mitro is too slow for most Prem defenders but just because he scored a few in the Championship you want him to stay, and who would you drop for Mbemba if he doesn't want to warm the bench,Lejuene or Lascelles.
    Absolute nonsense.
    Where has this too slow thing come from?
    He's not a whippet but he's not a cart horse either.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Absolute nonsense.
    Where has this too slow thing come from?
    He's not a whippet but he's not a cart horse either.
    I've watched him at SJP and most defenders get the better of him he gets frustrated and lashes out.
    All this bumping him up because he scored for Fulham in the Championship perhaps that is his level.

Gayle scored 22 in the Championship so maybe we shouldn't replace him either.

I've watched him at SJP and most defenders get the better of him he gets frustrated and lashes out.
    All this bumping him up because he scored for Fulham in the Championship perhaps that is his level.

We really need two Premiership standard strikers.

You cant say anything negative against rafa
    Of course you can. I just did. But when everything you have to say about him is negative, and yet he's still delivering results, it becomes extremely hollow. This is why people have little time for what you're saying; it's always a deconstructive brigade of criticism. Any angle you can find you'll use to have a go at Rafa, and it's tiring.

Nahhh mate.
    I'll give you one thing. When he first came he was what you can describe as over enthusiastic and rash.
    This got him a reputation.
    His ability to bully defenders got him targeted and his inexperience at that level in the premier league let him down.
    His pace is absolutely fine for the player he is.
    He's a big unit, not a whippet.
    He can battle it out with the strongest and even most pacey defenders over a short spurt.

His aerial ability and his clever off the ball working makes him a massive asset...especially now.
    And let me tell you one more thing.
    He won't get targeted any more than what he did in the championship and in fact he could become prolific if used correctly in the right set up.

As for Gayle. He's a totally different kettle of fish. A different kind of striker altogether.

I think Mitro is too slow and he can’t hold the ball up. He might be good in a team that has two good wingers that can get to the byline and whip some decent crosses in but we don’t have that luxury

Mitro is a box to goal line old fashioned centre forward if you look around the Premiership not many teams have this type of centre forward now

For me we need to replace Mitro and Gayle as they have both been found lacking at this level.

The off the ball elbow and 3 match ban was a death kneel for him at the Toon and it has been stated that he doesn’t do enough in training

If we had the money it would be nice to keep in as an impact player coming off the bench but that’s not going to happen.

Mitro has a strange playing style. When the ball gets knocked up to him, and he has a defender on his back, he looks at the defender, then faces the ball.

He then jams both feet into the ground and braces himself against the defender. However, this makes him smaller, as he bends at the knee.

The defender simply leans over him and heads it.

Good header of the ball from crosses into the box, but too slow.

Saying that I rate him higher than Slimani based on the little I saw of him.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)