+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The golden T it's statue

The golden T it's statue

Or sir jack Hayward unveiled today outside the custard bowl,gotta say it's as bad a likeness as the awful 3 degrees statue,I wish when they commission these monstrosities that they double check the likeness before giving them the contract to get their chisels out.this one bears a striking resemblance to one of the characters out of are you being served of which the name eludes me atm

Quote Originally Posted by WBA53 View Post
    Or sir jack Hayward unveiled today outside the custard bowl,gotta say it's as bad a likeness as the awful 3 degrees statue,I wish when they commission these monstrosities that they double check the likeness before giving them the contract to get their chisels out.this one bears a striking resemblance to one of the characters out of are you being served of which the name eludes me atm
    Captain Peacock I think you mean? TBF It ain't the best statue likeness wise considering the guy who did this one produced the brilliant Billy Wright and Stan Cullis statues. It's the thought that counts though I suppose.

Haven't seen this one but the Billy Wright one is the best likeness i have seen.
    Sadly the man who rescued them in the first place, John Bird is almost forgotten today, as is Major Buckley.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Haven't seen this one but the Billy Wright one is the best likeness i have seen.
    Sadly the man who rescued them in the first place, John Bird is almost forgotten today, as is Major Buckley.
    John Bird, Dick Homden, Sir Jack Harris, and not forgetting the Gallagher brothers (not Liam or Noel), are all remembered by me and plenty of other Wolves fans for helping save Wolves. Sir Jack Hayward took it to another level.

There is a likeness to Sir Jack Hayward in the statue, but it's always easy to pick out faults.

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    John Bird, Dick Homden, Sir Jack Harris, and not forgetting the Gallagher brothers (not Liam or Noel), are all remembered by me and plenty of other Wolves fans for helping save Wolves. Sir Jack Hayward took it to another level.

There is a likeness to Sir Jack Hayward in the statue, but it's always easy to pick out faults.

True but if not for the former, SJH wouldn't have had a club to pump money into in the first place. I'ts never sat well with me that the club rode roughshod over the Harris family to rename in honour of Sir Jack

Quote Originally Posted by WBA53 View Post
    I’m not a great fan of statues of players/ owners etc,or naming stands after them. evev though bombers a really god good one.we have had some greats over the years just seems they’ve been regarded. if there should be a statue outside the hawthorns it should be William Isiah Bassett . just think we’re do stop.same at the wolves and other clubs.

Regardless of the likeness it’s a nice nod to a “proper” owner rather the chancers attaching themselves to many clubs these days.

We ought to reward our great former top men like Trev the shed and Bert Millichip with a statue to befit their tenure at our club......something of really poor quality and then allowed to run into disrepair due to lack of investment.

We could get one done for Jeremy Peace that looks great from the outside but is in fact completely hollow.

When Chairman Lai departs we’ll honour him with a potted Bonsai plant.

I always admired Sir Jack.....a good bloke who wasn’t scared to speak what was in his heart and mind.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)