Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: The golden T it's statue

  1. #1

    The golden T it's statue

    Or sir jack Hayward unveiled today outside the custard bowl,gotta say it's as bad a likeness as the awful 3 degrees statue,I wish when they commission these monstrosities that they double check the likeness before giving them the contract to get their chisels out.this one bears a striking resemblance to one of the characters out of are you being served of which the name eludes me atm

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by WBA53 View Post
    Or sir jack Hayward unveiled today outside the custard bowl,gotta say it's as bad a likeness as the awful 3 degrees statue,I wish when they commission these monstrosities that they double check the likeness before giving them the contract to get their chisels out.this one bears a striking resemblance to one of the characters out of are you being served of which the name eludes me atm
    Captain Peacock I think you mean? TBF It ain't the best statue likeness wise considering the guy who did this one produced the brilliant Billy Wright and Stan Cullis statues. It's the thought that counts though I suppose.

  3. #3
    Haven't seen this one but the Billy Wright one is the best likeness i have seen.
    Sadly the man who rescued them in the first place, John Bird is almost forgotten today, as is Major Buckley.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Haven't seen this one but the Billy Wright one is the best likeness i have seen.
    Sadly the man who rescued them in the first place, John Bird is almost forgotten today, as is Major Buckley.
    John Bird, Dick Homden, Sir Jack Harris, and not forgetting the Gallagher brothers (not Liam or Noel), are all remembered by me and plenty of other Wolves fans for helping save Wolves. Sir Jack Hayward took it to another level.

    There is a likeness to Sir Jack Hayward in the statue, but it's always easy to pick out faults.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    John Bird, Dick Homden, Sir Jack Harris, and not forgetting the Gallagher brothers (not Liam or Noel), are all remembered by me and plenty of other Wolves fans for helping save Wolves. Sir Jack Hayward took it to another level.

    There is a likeness to Sir Jack Hayward in the statue, but it's always easy to pick out faults.

    True but if not for the former, SJH wouldn't have had a club to pump money into in the first place. I'ts never sat well with me that the club rode roughshod over the Harris family to rename in honour of Sir Jack

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    West bromwich
    Posts
    2,262
    Quote Originally Posted by WBA53 View Post
    Or sir jack Hayward unveiled today outside the custard bowl,gotta say it's as bad a likeness as the awful 3 degrees statue,I wish when they commission these monstrosities that they double check the likeness before giving them the contract to get their chisels out.this one bears a striking resemblance to one of the characters out of are you being served of which the name eludes me atm
    I’m not a great fan of statues of players/ owners etc,or naming stands after them. evev though bombers a really god good one.we have had some greats over the years just seems they’ve been regarded. if there should be a statue outside the hawthorns it should be William Isiah Bassett . just think we’re do stop.same at the wolves and other clubs.

  7. #7
    Regardless of the likeness it’s a nice nod to a “proper” owner rather the chancers attaching themselves to many clubs these days.

    We ought to reward our great former top men like Trev the shed and Bert Millichip with a statue to befit their tenure at our club......something of really poor quality and then allowed to run into disrepair due to lack of investment.

    We could get one done for Jeremy Peace that looks great from the outside but is in fact completely hollow.

    When Chairman Lai departs we’ll honour him with a potted Bonsai plant.

    I always admired Sir Jack.....a good bloke who wasn’t scared to speak what was in his heart and mind.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •