Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 60 of 60

Thread: World Cup

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    You mean when Lingard yelled "mine"
    And then totally missed!

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    And then totally missed!
    Yeh - wasn't impressed with him today.

    Was like he was trying to hard and mucking up, when if he'd gone on instinct he'd of done better.

  3. #43
    Watched it in the fan park
    i thought england were average at best

    playing against a pooor side apart from the first 30 minutes i thought they looked poor

    once they had sorted their keeper out they seemed to grow in confidence
    but england fought to the end

  4. #44
    Russia and Uruguay are through then.

    Portugal game was a nothingy one i felt, another Ronaldo goal - I think he'll be top scorer in this World Cup.

    Spain currently 1 up against Iran who haven't played badly i don't think. You can't attack Spain with the players they have so their defensive tactics have worked, apart from the deflected own goal

  5. #45
    1 - 1 Denmark v Australia.

    Makes group interesting for the final game. Deserved result for both sides, once Australia had worked out how to limit Erikson's impact on the game Denmark weren't great.

    1 - 0 France v Peru.

    Again i felt Peru were unlucky but thats how they've been in both games.

    Argies have just gone down 1-0 to Croatia, so that could really change the group around. It's not an unfair taking of lead either.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    1 - 1 Denmark v Australia.

    Makes group interesting for the final game. Deserved result for both sides, once Australia had worked out how to limit Erikson's impact on the game Denmark weren't great.

    1 - 0 France v Peru.

    Again i felt Peru were unlucky but thats how they've been in both games.

    Argies have just gone down 1-0 to Croatia, so that could really change the group around. It's not an unfair taking of lead either.
    Denmark have been pretty sh!t so far. Lucky to have four points.

    Argentina are risking not advancing

  7. #47
    Argies have now had qualification taken out of their hands

    They need other results to go their way.


  8. #48
    im not enjoying the world cup
    the streets were bare over there
    shocked at how few english fans there were
    most games havent sold out

    if england play as hey did firts 25 minutes they could go to the quarters/semis

    havent seen anything yet that is much better

  9. #49
    I'm enjoying it.

    Some decent games.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Argies have now had qualification taken out of their hands

    They need other results to go their way.

    So strange to see Argentina struggling with that team!

    I'm enjoying the World Cup too, I like seeing Croatia doing well. Great team they have.

  11. #51
    Anything that pisses Maradona off is ok by me.

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,332
    Smiled when I saw that pouty little Messi leaving the field, he has to be the worst loser in the game. Had a face like a smacked backside.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Anything that pisses Maradona off is ok by me.
    Agreed!

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Trimdon station.
    Posts
    3,676
    Argentina have been garbage. They deserve to go home...but, I wonder if we're going to get some miracles along the way in this competition.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Argentina have been garbage. They deserve to go home...but, I wonder if we're going to get some miracles along the way in this competition.
    God's hand?

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Trimdon station.
    Posts
    3,676
    Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    God's hand?
    More like blind eye.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    More like blind eye.
    Wouldn't be the first time!

    Religion in football is funny - like Cruyff said:

    "In Spain, all 22 players make the sign of the cross before they enter the pitch. If it works, all matches must therefore end in a draw."

    Last edited by HughieG; 22-06-2018 at 12:42 PM. Reason: yolo

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Trimdon station.
    Posts
    3,676
    Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Wouldn't be the first time!

    Religion in football is funny - like Cruyff said:

    "In Spain, all 22 players make the sign of the cross before they enter the pitch. If it works, all matches must therefore end in a draw."

    Good point.

  19. #59
    Benching Aguero when you need a goal.

    Eh??

  20. #60
    Shame Iceland lost.

    But it does make the group very interesting for the final game.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •