+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: World Cup

Just in from training (Taekwondo over England but not NUFC ).

From what the radio was saying it sounded like we were canny first half?

Mind, what I've seen so far has been shite. Slow, ponderous and unimaginative. And two of the weakest free kicks you'll see.

Well, out of the two teams you certainly deserved to win, though it looked like Lingard, Rashford, Alli etc. had given up after 70-75 mins. Henderson and Kane were great, the rest, nah, not too good for me. Lucky to get the win, but it'll give you the confidence you'll need going forward I think.

If that's our best 11 we'll probably get out of the group then get howked.

Lingard is gash.

The game should have been over in the first half. England as usual are totally predictable, I think Shelvey would have made a big difference in that team.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    The game should have been over in the first half. England as usual are totally predictable, I think Shelvey would have made a big difference in that team.
    I was thinking the exact same thing watching the game.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing watching the game.
    Mind, he wouldn't have improved on the quality of the free kicks.

Well, out of the two teams you certainly deserved to win, though it looked like Lingard, Rashford, Alli etc. had given up after 70-75 mins. Henderson and Kane were great, the rest, nah, not too good for me. Lucky to get the win, but it'll give you the confidence you'll need going forward I think.
    Rashford only came on at 70 mins

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    I think he would as well, Alli was clearly carrying an injury of some description and the ideal person to replace him would of been Shelvey.

I thought we weren't great but not worst i've seen us play. Tunisia were shocking though and the ref was one of, if not the poorest in competition so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Rashford only came on at 70 mins
    And yet he didn't even want to touch the ball in the box when Trippier sent it his way - not sure we should go for him on loan after all

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Mind, he wouldn't have improved on the quality of the free kicks.
    True! He would've had the chance to set up some decent attacks tonight though.

And yet he didn't even want to touch the ball in the box when Trippier sent it his way - not sure we should go for him on loan after all
    You mean when Lingard yelled "mine"

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)