Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: O/T Great credit to Yorkshire CCC

  1. #1

    O/T Great credit to Yorkshire CCC

    What a great game of cricket that was,5 men on England duty & still through to the semi-final.A big well done lads.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Poole
    Posts
    3,506
    Just got my ticket for Monday

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Just got my ticket for Monday
    Enjoy pip.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    40,164
    Wheres Mike our resident Yorky cricket fan and match updater on here. We won away at Essex today in the Qtrs, this isn't good enough Mikey kid!.
    What a result though, this gives us yet another chance at a big One day final and lets hope we turn up this time away at Hampshire because we've got a poor recent history of choking in the Semis.

    So on Monday Yorkshire go away to Hampshire in a One day cricket Semi final, and England play Tunisia in their opening World cup footy match. I can't wait.


    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/44457895

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Wheres Mike our resident Yorky cricket fan and match updater on here. We won away at Essex today in the Qtrs, this isn't good enough Mikey kid!.
    What a result though, this gives us yet another chance at a big One day final and lets hope we turn up this time away at Hampshire because we've got a poor recent history of choking in the Semis.

    So on Monday Yorkshire go away to Hampshire in a One day cricket Semi final, and England play Tunisia in their opening World cup footy match. I can't wait.


    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/44457895
    Missed part of game due to a dental appointment, then listened to radio commentary. Great win. Gary Ballance back on form with the bat, and a captain's performance from Patterson with the ball. Disappointingly the young Yorkshire lads didn't do much when batting, but Coad and Fisher showed maturity beyond their years and kept their nerve when bowling near the end of the Essex innings. Many good performances today and competition for places in the first team can only be a good thing.

    Let's hope we can beat Hants - the Rose Bowl has often been a bogey ground for us though (I preferred the old Southampton ground)
    Last edited by mikemiller; 14-06-2018 at 09:22 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    40,164
    Hampshire means the same to me Mike wherever we play... its near Sarfampton & Portsmuf isn't it lol.
    Looking at the county Champship table right now, we look like we could struggle this season, and that Somerset could really be one of the dark-horses for the season.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Poole
    Posts
    3,506
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Enjoy pip.
    I will especially if we win!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hampshire means the same to me Mike wherever we play... its near Sarfampton & Portsmuf isn't it lol.
    If you are planning to go to the match, the Rose Bowl is a new(ish) miles out-of-town"ampitheatre" type ground on the outskirts of Southampton and with poor public transport links to it. Been once, that was enough... and we lost.
    You could easily walk to the old Southampton cricket ground from the main railway station.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 15-06-2018 at 07:08 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Poole
    Posts
    3,506
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    If you are planning to go to the match, the Rose Bowl is a new(ish) miles out-of-town"ampitheatre" type ground on the outskirts of Southampton and with poor public transport links to it. Been once, that was enough... and we lost.
    You could easily walk to the old Southampton cricket ground from the main railway station.
    Bus service from Southampton Parkway

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Bus service from Southampton Parkway
    Yes, but when I went, (and I think it was the same stage of this competition) there were massive queues for buses, and when a bus eventually pulled in there was only enough room to let a few people on each time. Plus there were road works near the ground, which didn't help. Hopefully, the bus service has improved and there are no road works on match day! Similar situation on return journey, and I ended up walking from the Rose Bowl to Swaythling railway station, which at least had a couple of good pubs nearby for refreshments.

    Cricket fans of other counties have told me of similar experiences, so good luck!
    Last edited by mikemiller; 15-06-2018 at 10:15 AM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Vietnam
    Posts
    14,446
    Im off to the 20/20 in Chesterfailed in July to watch Yorkshire

  12. #12
    Good luck to Yorkshire for tomorrow's match and safe journey to Pip and any other Yorkshire fans who are making the trip down to the Rose Bowl. Whoever wins the semi-final tie tomorrow will play Kent in the final at Lords.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 17-06-2018 at 08:32 PM.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Good luck to Yorkshire for tomorrow's match and safe journey to Pip and any other Yorkshire fans who are making the trip down to the Rose Bowl. Whoever wins the semi-final tie tomorrow will play Kent in the final at Lords.
    I will echo that mate,come on Yorkshire.

  14. #14
    349 to win,tall order.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    40,164
    Utter garbage with the ball, giving ourselves a near impossible 350 to win. It looks like yet another Yorkie Semi final has been well and truly choked.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Utter garbage with the ball, giving ourselves a near impossible 350 to win. It looks like yet another Yorkie Semi final has been well and truly choked.
    Bad start ... 15-2

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Bad start ... 15-2
    Hants won by 107 runs. We really needed Bairstow and Root available to chase down such a big total. Good innings from young Tattersall though - 89 off 81 deliveries
    Last edited by mikemiller; 18-06-2018 at 05:39 PM.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    40,164
    Disgraceful wasn't it Mike, not only allowing them 350 ish, but us falling short by over 100 runs with the bat. We've blown it before in big one-day Qtrs & Semis, but this was one of the worst ever failures, Im so disappointed in them!.

  19. #19
    Feels like there is a bit of unrest,willey nearly let go,looks like plunkets on is way.Our overseas players not coming off.Ask Darren Lehman if he wants a job.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •