Thread: Money in so far

Money in so far

should be £12m for the Wijnaldum and Sissoko deals and £8m Mbemba. Sels has broken down but no doubt will go so that'll be £22+m and the Sky money 1 July + 3/4 wages off the books (Haidara, Games, Mbemba, Good to be followed by Sels). Fixtures are out for next season Fleetwood at home first then..........oh wait .

Already looking at Travelodge for Fulham away (anyone been to Clapham/Balham on the lash?) as the final game is always set in stone! Things are starting to move, time to be positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstonbob1 View Post

Already looking at Travelodge for Fulham away (anyone been to Clapham/Balham on the lash?) as the final game is always set in stone! Things are starting to move, time to be positive.
    not for many years ha, my uncle lived in balham and worked in kensington, we used to go and stay with him. he'd take us to the irish bars and the hotels around kensington after the pubs had shut

tome its the wages of the books that will give rafa more scope
    i think he will bring at least 3 signings in and ue some of the freed wages for loan players

get rid of the ginger crab

close to 220k a week in wages of the book with mbemeba mitro the crab sels hairdara and good all gone
    do a lot of damage with that at our level

I do hope Colback goes but I've a feeling he'll cling on for the last season of his contract - he'll never make the kind of money he must be on here anywhere else after he finally does go. 😠

And then be able to command a signing on fee as he will be a free agent

subsidise his wages for a few years

Forrest want him and he wants to go but they can't match his wages as i understand it.

Is it worth paying some of his wages to get most off the bill and a small fee.

I'd say yes but i suspect he'll hang on to be a free agent and get the signing on fee as Pboro says

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Forrest want him and he wants to go but they can't match his wages as i understand it.

Is it worth paying some of his wages to get most off the bill and a small fee.

I'd say yes but i suspect he'll hang on to be a free agent and get the signing on fee as Pboro says
    I'd say yes to that Jammy. I think we should consider giving him away for free and let them pay his wages as a kind of fee.

Make him train with the U23s, select him for every game and if he refuses to play, fine him 2 weeks' wages each time. he'll soon get sick and bugger off,

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Make him train with the U23s, select him for every game and if he refuses to play, fine him 2 weeks' wages each time. he'll soon get sick and bugger off,
    That's another way to solve the problem

Probably claim constructive dismissal and we'll end up losing hte case.

Call his bluff, grant him a free transfer (without paying off his contract). If anyone comes in for him we'll see if he's motivated by money or playing time.

Once a mackem always a mackem. Rancid ginger t0sser.

I'd love to know how it got so bad for Colback.
    He might not be any world beater but he was definitely a squad player considering what we had/have.

I don't think we need to worry about Colback in terms of whether he stays or goes, regardless of wages. I mean, he's entitled to hold onto his wage because after all he's never going to get that kind of wage again....or very unlikely to.

We got him for nothing, so it's not the end of the world with him.

Of course it would be nice to free up his wage and maybe for his sake and the squads sake, sell him for 2 million and offer to pay 70% of his wages for his final season.
    That way the transfer fee covers his wages and frees up a wage earning place.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    He might not be any world beater but he was definitely a squad player considering what we had/have.

I don't think we need to worry about Colback in terms of whether he stays or goes, regardless of wages. I mean, he's entitled to hold onto his wage because after all he's never going to get that kind of wage again....or very unlikely to.

Of course it would be nice to free up his wage and maybe for his sake and the squads sake, sell him for 2 million and offer to pay 70% of his wages for his final season.
    Completely agree. If Diamé and Shelvey are out, we have Merino, Hayden and Colback. The latter two are just about equally good; great for the Fizzy, insufficient for the Premier League. I'd like to see the back of Mackem Jack as he definitely won't be playing for us again anyway, but I do hope we plan on bringing in a replacement. Or is there a youth prospect on the horizon for central midfield? I suspect not.

Sean Longstaff and Dan Barlaser are our best prospects for midfield but they aren't prem ready at the minute. Then again, could be the making of them.

Would it not be better to sell him for £1m so they can pay him a higher wage from the other million they could/should have paid?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstonbob1 View Post
    Would it not be better to sell him for £1m so they can pay him a higher wage from the other million they could/should have paid?
    Could well be but it makes it easier for the players he's playing with to know that Newcastle would be picking up the majority of his wages whilst his club (forest potentially) pay him par wages with the rest, kind of thing.

Could well be but it makes it easier for the players he's playing with to know that Newcastle would be picking up the majority of his wages whilst his club (forest potentially) pay him par wages with the rest, kind of thing.
    If he is on 40k that’s 2 millions year

Why not give him away and let Forest give him a £1.5 million signing on fee

At least he would be off our wage bill

Aye, i'd happily let him go on a free just to get rid of him...and his wages.

Aye, i'd happily let him go on a free just to get rid of him...and his wages.
    Well he came on a free so he may as well go on a free.