+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2018 World Cup, for us England fans

Previous tournaments Lallana has looked OK (probably Euro 16) but I can understand why he isn't In the squad given he has been injured. But I agree I quite like him as a player.

I would definately start Marcus Rashford. He must be given a chance to start vs Tunisia as he is our most direct player and will run at and scare defenses. Plus he is a better finisher than Sterling for England on recent evidence. Therefore I think Sterling should be on the bench. Rashford and Kane on top for me.

Busy morning so briefly from me - GS seems to have an OK squad playing for each other - could do OK in this tournament 👍

First time in a very long time it's hard to pick the last 4. Most of the top teams have had problems leading up to WC. Could be a shock year n hope it's England providing em

In it to win it

All depends who Southgate puts out

Slightly unusual this time, in that we started very low key when qualification was achieved, and the belief is now building. Young men, untainted by the past,playing in a refreshing style, in a tournament with no outstanding other teams.
    Given a fair wind and a touch of luck, maybe a semi-final against Argentina?

As with others on the thread defence worries me.

It's a young, inexperienced squad, which may not be a bad thing no monkeys on their back but ……..

…….. worried that if they screw up in a game there isn't a Terry, Butcher or Adams type figure to give them the "on the pitch" word in their ear to get their mojo back.

Tipping 1/4's then after that who knows …….

Can just about remember '66 so I least I've seen them win it !

I agree that its refreshing that absolutely noone (even the press) gives us a prayer of doing well. Lets hope that lack of expectancy and pressure allows the team to just go out and play. Feck it, lets just enjoy it for once.

Wasn't that a cracking game tonight for us neutrals, and whether we hate him or hate him even more lol... Ronaldo is a brilliant player and once again he carried Portugal on his shoulders tonight. We/England don't have anybody anywhere near that good and I doubt if we could match Spain if we met them in the knockout rounds.
    By the way we've got Spain (& Croatia) in the new Nations cup thing later on this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Wasn't that a cracking game tonight for us neutrals, and whether we hate him or hate him even more lol... Ronaldo is a brilliant player and once again he carried Portugal on his shoulders tonight. We/England don't have anybody anywhere near that good and I doubt if we could match Spain if we met them in the knockout rounds.
    By the way we've got Spain (& Croatia) in the new Nations cup thing later on this year.
    Not all good news for Ronaldo tonight , nice to see this particular tax avoider brought to justice .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44499138

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast