+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: The 2018 World Cup, for us England fans

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Well that will paper over a few cracks,can you say Kane scores two goals yet one of the worst players on the pitch.Got to give Vardy a game.
    My god give over, hes a goal scorer and did wot we needed, wot id give for a player in our team like that next year. For 20 mins we were breath taking then gave away a daft pen and lost our way, We were not great in second half but we plugged away at it. We will not win it but im proud of lads today and hope that continues. The team we played are not that bad and we got the result

Quote Originally Posted by ThryberghMILLER23 View Post
    My god give over, hes a goal scorer and did wot we needed, wot id give for a player in our team like that next year. For 20 mins we were breath taking then gave away a daft pen and lost our way, We were not great in second half but we plugged away at it. We will not win it but im proud of lads today and hope that continues. The team we played are not that bad and we got the result
    Yep, sums it up nicely for me.

Good result against a well organised and resilient side that have given Spain and Portugal a hard time in recent games

We huffed and we puffed and we blew the house down......eventually. What was needed tonight was the ref we had in the play off final. Stamped the wrestling out straight away.

I’m not keen on this crab football. Thought Tunisia set up pretty well in 2nd half and Kane was the difference.

England were three minutes from a slating but now we are bouncing. It’s a funny old game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    We huffed and we puffed and we blew the house down......eventually. What was needed tonight was the ref we had in the play off final. Stamped the wrestling out straight away.

I’m not keen on this crab football. Thought Tunisia set up pretty well in 2nd half and Kane was the difference.

England were three minutes from a slating but now we are bouncing. It’s a funny old game.
    It certainly is, regarding the 'crab' football, i don't mind if it's with purpose, but at times we just pass it across the back for the sake of it, need to fizz the ball about, swithc the play, look forward at most times.

With a less pathetic Ref, we would have won comfortably. Tunisia are all that is wrong with the professional game. Aided and abetted by a Ref obviously not up to it.
    A win is a win, ask Germany, Brazil and Argentina.

Maybe Im biased here but we've outplayed them, and we've had some blatant pens not given in our favour etc. I genuinely think we deserved that win, so come on lads, well done on the 2-1 win.

We won but need better than that, wrong players or formation at start.

Why the **** was Sterling sent out has a striker? 😂

Fantastic goal scorer is Kane but he didn’t offer much more to game IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Maybe Im biased here but we've outplayed them, and we've had some blatant pens not given in our favour etc. I genuinely think we deserved that win, so come on lads, well done on the 2-1 win.
    Yes, we should have had at least one penalty - bemused as to why it wasn't given - clearer than their penalty award

It is but thats footy and i love the feeling at tge moment. We played positive for a spell then got a bit lost due to a mistake, there young and those mistakes will happen and sadley tonight at that point it knocked there momentom out of us. Wot id give for a pirerlo in middle of park for us cos if we had someone like that we would be contenders. But ill take wot we have and enjoy it while it lasts.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast