So it's been confirmed, Bielsa is our new head coach, and what a high risk gamble it appears to be to me. Sure he has his admirers (Guardiola, Pochettino etc), but his recent history really makes me nervous. At Lille (his last club) he was apparently on £8m a year, and the owner spent £50m building the team he wanted, and his record was 3 wins, 3 draw and 7 defeats from the first 13 games before he was sacked last December. So genius or not, his methods clearly failed there. And he apparently doesn't speak a word of english, which is surely going to make getting his methods understood by the vast majority of our squad that much more difficult, especially if those tactics are as radical as we're being led to believe. And all this against the backdrop of trying to compete in the Championship, and it's very particular challenges.

I'm not going to be all doom and gloom about this, it's probably the most high profile management appointment we've made for many many years, but like I say any excitement I'm feeling about our prospects now is tempered by a good deal of apprehension, because if the last 15 years has taught me one thing, it's that where LUFC is concerned, if it can go wrong then it usually does............