+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Broader accountability

Broader accountability

I wonder whether Orta and Kinnear will come forward and explain their misplaced confidence in the strategy they articulated on various podcast, in meetings/interviews and programme notes.
    Last edited by hopelesslyoptimistic; 27-02-2022 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    I wonder whether Orta and Kinnear will come forward and explain their misplaced confidence in the strategy they articulated on various podcast, in meetings/interviews and programme notes.
    Dont hold your breath - MB is their scapegoat.

I know there was a degree of the rhetorical to the question!

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Dont hold your breath - MB is their scapegoat.
    7 nil 6 nil 4 nil scapegoat
    Yeh definitely

Quote Originally Posted by klix View Post
    Yeh definitely
    Can you **** off, we get it you've decided you don't like him. Nobody cares.

Yeh definitely
    Have to take issue with the thrust of that post. Bielsa isn't/wasn't the sole perpetrator of where we are, just as no one player (even if it IS Phillips!) makes or breaks a team. It's a collective, and if it doesn't work (as it clearly hasn't over the last 12 months or so) change is required and if Bielsa was averse to change, the board should have been strong enough to force it, or dismiss him. If neither Board nor Bielsa recognised the need for change (and I'm taking about at the end of last season, not Christmas!), they ALL should have gone and if the 49ers had any influence on matters, they should have used it.

It's a collective failure, and let's not forget the players, who have capitulated far too often this season (both before and after the injuries to Phillips and Bamford) compared to their herculean efforts in the first season back in the PL. If that was down to the stresses of training, then they (the players) have a responsibility to the club to challenge the routines, not as the "big I am" but as representatives of the playing community whose interests are being damaged by the very club they play for. Difficult, yes. Necessary, perhaps, only the players could decide.

So it's not about one person, never was, never will be (Ridsdale wasn't solely responsible for the financial basket case we were then, Bates ditto, even Cellino as the mad Italian wasn't a one-man band at LUFC), so it's not acceptable that Bielsa shoulders all the blame, even though as the man he is, he would be prepared to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Have to take issue with the thrust of that post. Bielsa isn't/wasn't the sole perpetrator of where we are, just as no one player (even if it IS Phillips!) makes or breaks a team. It's a collective, and if it doesn't work (as it clearly hasn't over the last 12 months or so) change is required and if Bielsa was averse to change, the board should have been strong enough to force it, or dismiss him. If neither Board nor Bielsa recognised the need for change (and I'm taking about at the end of last season, not Christmas!), they ALL should have gone and if the 49ers had any influence on matters, they should have used it.

It's a collective failure, and let's not forget the players, who have capitulated far too often this season (both before and after the injuries to Phillips and Bamford) compared to their herculean efforts in the first season back in the PL. If that was down to the stresses of training, then they (the players) have a responsibility to the club to challenge the routines, not as the "big I am" but as representatives of the playing community whose interests are being damaged by the very club they play for. Difficult, yes. Necessary, perhaps, only the players could decide.

So it's not about one person, never was, never will be (Ridsdale wasn't solely responsible for the financial basket case we were then, Bates ditto, even Cellino as the mad Italian wasn't a one-man band at LUFC), so it's not acceptable that Bielsa shoulders all the blame, even though as the man he is, he would be prepared to do so.
    Agreed.

Bielsa refused to adapt his tactics, his man marking cost us.

Orta and Radz at fault for not investing and strengthening.

Medical teams got to take some responsibility for the amount of injuries and seemingly reoccuring/injuries cropping up when they're not even playing.

Players at fault because at end of the day they're the ones on the pitch. Bielsa didn't tell Ayling for example to let Coutinho mug him off for 90 minutes.

All of them take fault but no one person is to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Can you **** off, we get it you've decided you don't like him. Nobody cares.
    Where have I said I don't like him, think again.
    I've only said, he's not beyond criticism.
    My life goes on thankfully I'm not losing sleep over a manager leaving our club.
    Oh and wash your mouth out

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post

Orta has a lot to answer at our club,
    But do you remember his performance at Derby with his binoculars and waving some sort of red cloth..... Our idiots where lording him as some sort of God. The guy is a gob ****e who's book goes to middlesbourgh and second rate spainards.
    He is embarrassing.
    Can anyone name off the top of your head who is the sporting director at Liverpool.
    Without having a look I can't. The only thing I know he's in the background getting 99% of the signings correct.

Orta has a lot to answer at our club,
    But do you remember his performance at Derby with his binoculars and waving some sort of red cloth..... Our idiots where lording him as some sort of God. The guy is a gob ****e who's book goes to middlesbourgh and second rate spainards.
    He is embarrassing.
    Can anyone name off the top of your head who is the sporting director at Liverpool.
    Without having a look I can't. The only thing I know he's in the background getting 99% of the signings correct.
    Agreed on all points (especially the last).

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)