+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Middlesbrough away

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Eighth time in 35 years that we've been drawn to play against them in either the FA Cup or League Cup. Also had them in the play-offs.
    In comparison, in all of that time we've been paired with Newcastle once, Sunderland twice.
    I'm a bit dissapointed by the fact we've drawn them in a cup competition again for the reasons you've stated.

The list below is teams outside of the premier league highlighting the dates we last played them competitively that we have not played in a competitive game this century. It includes some local teams. I would have preferred us to play one of these;

Blackburn - 4th Feb 1992 (26 years, 4 months) in the FA Cup as well and we beat them 2-1.
    Newcastle United - 5th Oct 1993 (24 years, 8 months)
    Birmingham - 19th Feb 1994 (24 years, 4 months)
    Leicester City - 26th Mar 1994 (24 years, 3 months)
    Norwich City - 30th Nov 1994 (23 years, 7 months) Lost 1-0 to them in the League cup
    Derby County - 3rd Dec 1994 (23 years, 6 months)
    Bolton - 7th Feb 1995 (23 years, 4 months)
    West Bromwich Albion - 18th Feb 1995 (23 years, 4 months)
    Leeds United - 3rd Oct 1995 (22 years, 8 months)

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I'm a bit dissapointed by the fact we've drawn them in a cup competition again for the reasons you've stated.

The list below is teams outside of the premier league highlighting the dates we last played them competitively that we have not played in a competitive game this century. It includes some local teams. I would have preferred us to play one of these;

Blackburn - 4th Feb 1992 (26 years, 4 months) in the FA Cup as well and we beat them 2-1.
    Newcastle United - 5th Oct 1993 (24 years, 8 months)
    Birmingham - 19th Feb 1994 (24 years, 4 months)
    Leicester City - 26th Mar 1994 (24 years, 3 months)
    Norwich City - 30th Nov 1994 (23 years, 7 months) Lost 1-0 to them in the League cup
    Derby County - 3rd Dec 1994 (23 years, 6 months)
    Bolton - 7th Feb 1995 (23 years, 4 months)
    West Bromwich Albion - 18th Feb 1995 (23 years, 4 months)
    Leeds United - 3rd Oct 1995 (22 years, 8 months)
    ??

What a cup run!

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    Boro were also recipients of this piece of Chiedozie Magic in the FA Cup. Everyone went mad when this went in. Then Everton broke my little heart in the QF.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-b8m2OOxOE
    The Boro match was mayhem! Fantastic goal to give them what they truly deserved! Always nasty encounters with Boro from the Eighties and early Nineties! In the cup match my mate was hit full on across the chest with a baseball bat after we scored! It was always a sweet moment to beat them! Phil Harding putting that one away was an occasion I couldn't contain myself as we ran on the pitch from the Main Stand!

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    Boro were also recipients of this piece of Chiedozie Magic in the FA Cup. Everyone went mad when this went in. Then Everton broke my little heart in the QF.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-b8m2OOxOE
    Remember that well. Loved John Chiedozie - always came up with something a bit special, like this cracker at Luton

https://youtu.be/RhsKmCITzMg?t=2m47s

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12