+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 339 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: General News Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    We should have got a drone to blow them up when they were in Syria. Would have saved a lot of bother.
    I'd don't think you'd have much complaints there given that even the guy who was in charge of what was left of Al Queda at the time was against them for being to violent.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Were they deported though? I honestly can't remember. The kurds caught them and handed them over to the yanks did they not? With the UK retracting their citizenship sometime in between.
    A bit like they'd demote officers in the first world war to the ranks before putting then in front of a firing squad

No commissioned cowards in the British army.

Just another case of the Tories being facists.
    Must do what America wants, no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    She’s got a point. UK citizens shouldn’t be deported to face the death penalty, regardless of their crime.

Unless it’s Tony Blair. I’d be up for that
    As far as I'm aware they have been stripped of UK citizenship which means they really are at the mercy of the Yanks, if these guys are sentenced to death they then become martyrs to their cause, personally I would prefer to see them locked up in some American jail where there is no such thing as "easy time" , on the subject of the Labour party being up in arms about this, we should maybe be talking about their behaviour against the Jewish communities in the UK, Corbyn must be one of the biggest racist ****ers in this country!!!

I’ve got a few worries about Corbyn but I don’t for a second think he’s a racist. This is media whatabouttery job

I'll give the Jews their due ( pun intended)

They fair ken how to manipulate a story.

I canna stand Corbyn but this is all s'hite.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Yeah we should just get the death penalty back here
    That is why we don't govern by accepting populist views based on gut reaction without weighing up all the facts . Instead we elect representatives who weigh up all the pros and cons before making their decision. The alternative is government by referendum which flies in the face of all that is right and good with our long established parliamentary tradition. That would be madness. Oh wait a minute

It's Jet we should be worried about...the ISIS death squad the Beatles could have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    That is why we don't govern by accepting populist views based on gut reaction without weighing up all the facts . Instead we elect representatives who weigh up all the pros and cons before making their decision. The alternative is government by referendum which flies in the face of all that is right and good with our long established parliamentary tradition. That would be madness. Oh wait a minute
    The Swiss have government by referendum mostly, and they're doing a lot better than us. And they've never been in the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    The Swiss have government by referendum mostly, and they're doing a lot better than us. And they've never been in the EU.
    You are entitled to your opinion . However, the U.K. has one of the oldest Parliamentary democracies that has worked pretty well until now a model on which many others have based theirs. Switzerland one of the richest countries in the world have a pretty unique system. It's expensive and slow and a lot of laws aren't passed . Interestingly on the very rare occasion a privately suggested bill was passed by referendum and Canton approval it was a very right wing anti immigration bill.

Most people concede that Capital punishment would be reintroduced if it was put to public vote. There are enough Daily Mail readers out there to make it happen. Just because the majority of the populous agree on a single policy in no way makes it the right thing to do in every circumstance.

You vote a party into government not because you support everyone of their policies. You are giving them a mandate to govern in a way they consider to be in the country's best intererests. You have to trust them to do that. If the public is unhappy they have the power to vote them out next time around

Think how much those f@ckers would cost to house at her majesties service over here after they are jailed for life here. Millions and millions.

The Yanks are welcome to them and if they want to malkie them then f@ck it its nothing to do with us and wont cost the tax payer

Page 17 of 339 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast