+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 836

Thread: General News Chat

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    29,198
    You wouldn’t want that on your CV

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Glasgow School of Art ruined by fire again. I know the guy that installed the sprinkler system the last time.
    Looks like the fire spread to the ABCís roof and it has caved in. Shame as itís a decent venue.


  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    29,198
    Looks like the giant glitter ball has pulled the roof in

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    10,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Skacel View Post
    Looks like the fire spread to the ABC’s roof and it has caved in. Shame as it’s a decent venue.

    It's a great venue and can be rebuilt easily enough. I don't have a gig there until November.

    The Art School will have to be rebuilt from scratch, doesn't look like anything original survived this time but not the end of the world. Plenty of other famous buildings have had to be rebuilt. Apparently the last time the issue was with the original design having huge air ducts that just fed the fire.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    29,198
    I always thought the Art School was a fairly ugly building & shyte night out.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    10,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I always thought the Art School was a fairly ugly building & shyte night out.
    Bit extreme then. With one hand you clean up the Clyde, the other you burn down a cultural and historical icon.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    10,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I always thought the Art School was a fairly ugly building & shyte night out.
    Bit extreme then. With one hand you clean up the Clyde, the other you burn down a cultural and historical icon.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    30,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Skacel View Post
    Looks like the fire spread to the ABC’s roof and it has caved in. Shame as it’s a decent venue.
    I like it more than the Barras which seems to be everyones favourite

    Only one gig lined up there and its in November. Get it built, get it built, get it built

    Edit- I just looked, they have only cancelled tonights gigs and tommorows then back on on Monday


    The super builders are in already
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 16-06-2018 at 03:18 PM.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    3,488
    Could we be a step closer to the government relaxing the rules regarding licenses for marijuana for medical use?

    Perhaps a way off yet knowing the red-rape that has to be waded through to get anything done in this country but the case of the epileptic boy who has been given his weed back is a step in the right direction.

    It's common sense really, if using cannabis oil helps people who are ill then there is absolutely no reason to deny them access to it.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    3,488
    RE the Glasgow fire, I see the fire service used water directly from the Clyde.

    1. They have Mason to thank that their filters weren't clogged up with dead snakes and stuff.

    and 2. must have been a fair length of hose, that's about a mile according to google maps.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    3,111
    Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    RE the Glasgow fire, I see the fire service used water directly from the Clyde.

    1. They have Mason to thank that their filters weren't clogged up with dead snakes and stuff.

    and 2. must have been a fair length of hose, that's about a mile according to google maps.
    The big question is was it Sevco or Timmy fans who set fire to it.

  12. #32
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    30,027
    https://uk.news.yahoo.com/woman-swal...1&noRedirect=1

    Woman get gulped in one by a 23ft python

    Now that id love to see

  13. #33
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    30,027
    Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Could we be a step closer to the government relaxing the rules regarding licenses for marijuana for medical use?

    Perhaps a way off yet knowing the red-rape that has to be waded through to get anything done in this country but the case of the epileptic boy who has been given his weed back is a step in the right direction.

    It's common sense really, if using cannabis oil helps people who are ill then there is absolutely no reason to deny them access to it.
    That kid is well and truly going to open a can of worms

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    3,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    That kid is well and truly going to open a can of worms
    He got the munchies?

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    10,349
    Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Could we be a step closer to the government relaxing the rules regarding licenses for marijuana for medical use?

    Perhaps a way off yet knowing the red-rape that has to be waded through to get anything done in this country but the case of the epileptic boy who has been given his weed back is a step in the right direction.

    It's common sense really, if using cannabis oil helps people who are ill then there is absolutely no reason to deny them access to it.
    I'm sure I read that the prime minsters husband just bought lots of shares in a Cannabis oil company. If it gets legalised in Canada then it's possible it will over here but still a while away.

    Weed now is super strength. They'll be lots of monged out people with paranoia. And I don't mean Celtic fans.



    On the subject of plastic...anyone been to Japan? Amazing country, clean, friendly and efficient but by **** do they like to wrap **** up. If you buy a box of biscuits you'll find the individual biscuits wrapped as well.

  16. #36
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    30,027
    "Last century, the whole world was scandalised by what the Nazis did to purify the race. Today, we do the same thing but with white gloves,"

    The Pope comparing abortion to the Holocaust.

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    10,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    "Last century, the whole world was scandalised by what the Nazis did to purify the race. Today, we do the same thing but with white gloves,"

    The Pope comparing abortion to the Holocaust.
    A man who has had to make countless half arsed apologies for his organisations prolific mental, physical and sexual abuse of vulnerable women and children.

  18. #38
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    3,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    "Last century, the whole world was scandalised by what the Nazis did to purify the race. Today, we do the same thing but with white gloves,"

    The Pope comparing abortion to the Holocaust.
    He was actually speaking about aborting disabled babies, which the Nazis would have loved to be able to do.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    10,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    He was actually speaking about aborting disabled babies, which the Nazis would have loved to be able to do.
    The Catholic Church are only annoyed because they don't have as many orphanages bursting at the seems anymore with potential victims and workers, raking in millions.

  20. #40
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    30,027
    ill have to chap this boys door

    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland...tland-44519335

    Oh aye, f@ck off with your buttery sh@t its a f@cking ROWIE
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 18-06-2018 at 11:55 AM.

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •