Get your very own personalised Off Topic Forum gifts!
Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 540 of 832

Thread: General News Chat

  1. #521
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    29,778
    Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    'If Iran wants to fight, that will be the official end of Iran. Never threaten the United States again!'

    Donald Trump doing the digital version of threatening to get your big brother on someone at primary school.

    Still find it hard to believe that diplomacy between 2 of the most hostile countries on earth is being carried out via twitter.
    The fact Trump is never off twitter is hilarious in itself

    He a f@cking world leader

  2. #522
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    12,820

  3. #523
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    12,820
    British Steel goes paps up.

    This monetarist/market-driven/private sector/neo-liberal/free enterprise thing's gong well, eh?

    Only for the ****s who have asset-stripped and squirreled away the manky profits in their tax havens.

    Who knew, eh?

    Who could possibly have predicted it?

  4. #524
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    29,123
    Don’t worry, the money will trickle back down

  5. #525
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    12,820
    The rich man in his castle
    The poor man at his gate
    God made them, high or lowly
    And ordered their estate.

  6. #526
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    29,778
    Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    British Steel goes paps up.

    This monetarist/market-driven/private sector/neo-liberal/free enterprise thing's gong well, eh?

    Only for the ****s who have asset-stripped and squirreled away the manky profits in their tax havens.

    Who knew, eh?

    Who could possibly have predicted it?
    The news was saying that in the last twenty two months China has produced the same amount of steel as 150 years of british steel production. Thats f@cking mad. Is china just a massive f@ck off steelworks?

  7. #527
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    12,820
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    The news was saying that in the last twenty two months China has produced the same amount of steel as 150 years of british steel production. Thats f@cking mad. Is china just a massive f@ck off steelworks?
    Steel, budget guitars, steel, chow mein, rice, steel and pollution.

  8. #528
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    The news was saying that in the last twenty two months China has produced the same amount of steel as 150 years of british steel production. Thats f@cking mad. Is china just a massive f@ck off steelworks?
    I know for a fact that a lot of oil companies wont use Chinese steel due to the poor quality stuff that was getting churned out. Seemed a really naïve, amateur mistake to be producing steel for the global oil and gas industry and not be making sure it was of adequate quality. Considering the stringent tests us inspection bods carry out on all new manufactured gear it was never going to go unnoticed.

  9. #529
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    29,778
    Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post
    I know for a fact that a lot of oil companies wont use Chinese steel due to the poor quality stuff that was getting churned out. Seemed a really naïve, amateur mistake to be producing steel for the global oil and gas industry and not be making sure it was of adequate quality. Considering the stringent tests us inspection bods carry out on all new manufactured gear it was never going to go unnoticed.
    My work is 12 years old. Built in Korea with Chinese steel. I have been on better conditioned 30+ year old rigs in the North Sea where not only are they older thy are battered by the much harsher elements. This place is suppose to run until 2032. Nae a f@cking hope.

  10. #530
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    699
    10-13 years ago the market was flooded with cheap Chinese steel which Western manufacturers were turning into downhole tubulars and it became quickly apparent that the stuff was a lot cheaper for a reason.
    Since then, the rules and spec for what stuff is allowed downhole has tightened up to hopefully weedle out any sh:tty Chinese (or otherwise) kit.
    Companies make it easy and just have a 'don't use' policy on any Chinese steel. Id imagine the Chinese have tightened up now but it'll take a while to establish trust in that market given the money at stake.

  11. #531
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    10,340
    We can maybe get Mondo to smuggle some Chinese steel in to the UK when they ban it. Stick a wee Union Jack on it. Nobody will know for a while and by that point he'll be in a Turkish jail with some Swedish guy.

  12. #532
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    29,123
    Was cheap Chinese steel not responsible for David Murray losing wads of cash?

  13. #533
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Was cheap Chinese steel not responsible for David Murray losing wads of cash?
    Did he, that's a shame. Shady c@nt.

    Id imagine a lot of folk lost a lot of money because of it.

  14. #534
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    3,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    We can maybe get Mondo to smuggle some Chinese steel in to the UK when they ban it. Stick a wee Union Jack on it. Nobody will know for a while and by that point he'll be in a Turkish jail with some Swedish guy.
    Kitchenware, animals and now this? That would really make me show my metal*

    *mettle

  15. #535
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    3,421
    Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post
    Did he, that's a shame. Shady c@nt.

    Id imagine a lot of folk lost a lot of money because of it.
    According to wiki he lost 78% of his net worth in the financial crisis of 2008 with most of his money being tied up in steel distribution.


  16. #536
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    518
    Iron Ore has been leaving here in huge quantities for 15 years bound for China. Guess it had to be turned into steel.

    The Swedes have an interesting way of identifying low quality Chinese stainless on their railways.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]12745[/ATTACH
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  17. #537
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    29,778
    Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder View Post
    Iron Ore has been leaving here in huge quantities for 15 years bound for China. Guess it had to be turned into steel.

    The Swedes have an interesting way of identifying low quality Chinese stainless on their railways.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]12745[/ATTACH
    I'm famous

  18. #538
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    29,778
    more shops shutting in Aberdeen. There are f@cking hundreds of boarded up or empty units all over the place these days. The place is fast becoming a sh@te hole. Union Street is depressing (unless you want to sell gold, gamble or vape)

    https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/...ores-to-close/

  19. #539
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    12,820
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    more shops shutting in Aberdeen. There are f@cking hundreds of boarded up or empty units all over the place these days. The place is fast becoming a sh@te hole. Union Street is depressing (unless you want to sell gold, gamble or vape)
    Anyone who shops online is complicit.

    It's nae like Aberdeen is the only urban area thus affected.

    The demand for indoor shopping when the footfall rises massively during the cold dark rainly depressing days in November and December has been a factor unforeseen as malls and massive ****ters of retail edifices like Union Square entice folk away fae Cocky Hunter's and The Rubber Shop.

  20. #540
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    14,724
    Building the Bon Accord Centre was daft in the first place, building Union Square * was the height of stupidity.

    I read a quote from some dippy female recently “I don’t really mind using the outside as a method of getting between shops “

    Well good for you quine, just when we thought we’d run out of ideas for using “the ootside”

    * never been, never will

Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •