+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 32 of 336 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: General News Chat

It's 1975, the place- Gibson Optical on King Street.

We took to playing " Towering Infernos" at denner time.

Ump**** wooden job trays with meths poured down the side made a great blaze.

Of course, being 16 year old apprentices we didn't use empty job trays so when the mannie Gibson walked in on the blaze half the order forms were alight, fortunately we hadn't melted any of the frames.

Do you think if I shopped Carol I would get a lesser sentence?

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    There’s a clear difference here. It should be easy to spot
    What is the clear difference? levels of what is offensive are subjective. Wearing a swastika for example is deemed offensive, yet wearing a Viking hat isn't. Granted, they aren't wholly the same, but both sets of people committed horrendous crimes.

What these guys did was very immature, disgusting and offensive, but it wasn't and shouldnt be a crime. Where do we draw the line? we place an effigy of a man on a bonfire every year... is that not offensive?

Who was the 'hate' in this particular hate crime aimed at? As far as I am aware there were people from all walks of live unfortunate enough to be stuck in the building.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    There’s a clear difference here. It should be easy to spot
    I think I've spotted your mistake here Mason min. You're assuming that he's smart enough to actually work that out.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Who was the 'hate' in this particular hate crime aimed at? As far as I am aware there were people from all walks of live unfortunate enough to be stuck in the building.
    Yep, much was made that it was very multicultural. I’d be f*cking amazed if the folk that did this were

Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonDandy View Post
    I think I've spotted your mistake here Mason min. You're assuming that he's smart enough to actually work that out.
    It really shouldnt need explaining

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Still no need for it to be against the law though.
    Let's assume it's a bunch of nazi's playing at burning the d'arkies.

That's abhorrent but shouldn't be illegal
    Of course it should. If you don’t stop them while they’re playing at it, there’s a real danger the c*nts crank it up a notch. There’s plenty of examples

I'm afraid not.

That way you just become as bad as them.

Beware Of Thoughtcrime

No you don’t.

It’s like that fat f*ck with the Nazi dug. Nobody’s freedom of speech or expression is in danger here. It’s not a thought crime, just a crime

If it’s a crime then Prince Harry should of been arrested for wearing a nazi uniform. Look, being an idiot or doing something in extremely bad taste isn’t a crime. Humour is subjective, what is deemed an offence is also subjective, so on what grounds can you prosecute someone ? Where do you draw the line ? It’s all a bit nine**** eighty four .

Page 32 of 336 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast