+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 328 of 339 FirstFirst ... 228278318326327328329330338 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,280 of 3388

Thread: General News Chat

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I'd expect an even higher Tory vote in the North East of Scotland next time, given that both weegie parties want to destroy the oil industry.
    The oil industry doesn't need any help to be destroyed. It is quite capable of that itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    The membership hate though because she’s a demented harpy
    That's a sweeping statement but remember she got 40% first pref votes last time and 48% when second pref were counted. Big defeats focuses minds though and assuming SNP lose a whole bunch of seats next year I fancy that she will pick up enough extra votes to push her 40/48% above 50% next time. Who will be her serious competition?

Imagine voting for Andrew Bowie

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure of that. Until all votes are counted a a general election and show they have been voted out, I would never underestimate the English (and North East Scotland's) desire for voting for those c*nts.

Taking the result of a Scottish seat, where they won on a 37% turnout, isn't exactly an endorsement of the Labour party, even more so when you see tactical voting at work.

Starmer is a c*nt and I don't think the next election is as cut and dried as anyone thinks. I just don't think Starmer has the country as a whole behind him the way Blair did in 97.

Although I will still be putting my cross against the SNP, I expect a Labour majority up here next year.
    You're right to highlight tactical voting and I see that as the clear mechanism in englandshire to secure enough currently held Tory seats to kick out the Tories. You're also right that Starmer will only be next PM because he isn't in the Tory party rather than a positive appeal from Labour. There will be enough people in Southern england tactically vote LibDem and enough in Northern england and London tactically vote Labour to deprive the Tories of a majority (remember that whilst there is a core that will always vote Tory that is a million miles short of 50% so they are very susceptible to tactical voting in large enough numbers of seats). Whether all that is enough to get a Labour majority or a minority Labour Government supported by LibDem's remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    That's a sweeping statement but remember she got 40% first pref votes last time and 48% when second pref were counted. Big defeats focuses minds though and assuming SNP lose a whole bunch of seats next year I fancy that she will pick up enough extra votes to push her 40/48% above 50% next time. Who will be her serious competition?

You've quoted Mason but his post made no sense whatsoever

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Imagine voting for Andrew Bowie
    Aye it's funny.
    But I briefly saw Jackie Bailly on something last night.
    Who on earth in their right minds would vote for that?

Aye it's funny.
    Helensburgh punters. Heavy unionist town on account of Fasane, retirees, English & the lack of Tims.

Jackie went to the Cowal Conservative Club and assured them that she was the unionists only hope. If it was left to West Dunbartonshire voters, she’d be nowhere.

Aye it's funny.
    I've read that locals consider her a good msp.
    What's she doing? Giving away £50 at her surgeries to anyone with a "SNP bad" issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    I've read that locals consider her a good msp.
    What's she doing? Giving away £50 at her surgeries to anyone with a "SNP bad" issue?
    She’s very approachable & good at meeting & greeting the locals. This is enough to persuade a few of them that she’s not a complete c*nt, despite all the evidence to suggest otherwise.

I saw another MSP the other night, waiting on a bus at the end of my road. Hes not my cup of tea & I know he’s less popular on here than Mark Hately but at least no one can say Patrick Harvie doesn’t stick to his principles. You may well disagree with them but at least he has some.

Well I take the blame for that.

Voting SNP / Green at the last election.

Not that I would ever have done it if someone had shown me a photo of the mad bitch beforehand.

I won't be doing it again.

Page 328 of 339 FirstFirst ... 228278318326327328329330338 ... LastLast