+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 33 of 335 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: General News Chat

There’s a difference between Prince Harry dressing up as a Nazi & this. The first is in poor taste but it’s not a crime. If however Harry goose stepped into the nearest synagogue, then that would be different.

These c*nts put in a fair bit of effort for that display, filmed it & shared it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    If it’s a crime then Prince Harry should of been arrested for wearing a nazi uniform. Look, being an idiot or doing something in extremely bad taste isn’t a crime. Humour is subjective, what is deemed an offence is also subjective, so on what grounds can you prosecute someone ? Where do you draw the line ? It’s all a bit nine**** eighty four .
    Subjective to whom? A crime needs to be established before it gets anywhere near court. Then it's down to the judge or jury.

It's also hardly 1984. Folk have been rolling out that pish as long as the "it's health and safety gone mad" pish. What has exactly changed in all these years?

What has changed?

How do you even begin to answer that?

Free thought has changed, the ability to express that thought has changed.
    Making words against the law is the worst crime of all.
    The reduction in the vocabulary (1984) is appalling.

The saddest thing of all is believing that suppressing language destroys the original thought.

Hence the upsurge in Nationalist right wing politics.

What you will end up achieving with your pathetic censorship is not what you really expected.

Four legs good, two legs better ( not 1984)
    Last edited by donsdaft; 07-11-2018 at 02:45 PM.

You’re wandering off on a tangent there

Censorship hasn't changed much in years. If anything it's more lax. The difference is public opinion.

Censorship has increased to an unbelievable extent.
    People are effectively gagged by not knowing which words are currently acceptable.

To the point where I recently watched a documentary about Guy Gibson, they mentioned his dog dying on the day of the air raid but couldn’t say what his dogs name was.

Do you really think that helps race relations?

As a white hetero***ual male, I am being pushed into a corner where I can do no right.

Watch out for when that particular dam bursts.

Do you think saying the dogs name helps race relations?

What is it people can’t say now because of censorship, that they want to?

C'mon Mason min, stick to your side of the argument by all means but you're too intelligent not to see the flaws in your reasoning.

It's your future not mine, but you're making a big mistake.

I hope you don't end up hanging upside down in a cellar somewhere thinking "donsdaft was right"

The PC stuff has gone way too far, people are sick of it. It's one of the reasons that Trump is president. So be careful Mason, or we will end up with a British Trump.

Page 33 of 335 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast