+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 36 of 338 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: General News Chat

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Just a bloke wearing lipstick and an I Love Aldo t-shirt
    He sounds ok to me. Why did you try and ride him?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I'm not sure what crime it would be in England but there are several laws that it could potentially cover up here. You can't charge anyone without it being a crime in the first place. Ultimately the court will decide.

I read that story and it's weird but its worth noting that the court hasn't heard the case and it's likely to get binned. When I was growing up, someone from Dollar wanted to be known as a wolf and tried to take it to court. That's nearly 30yrs ago.

I agree that folk are probably less resilient these days but at least folk can't go about calling someone who is gay a "poof".
    I would never dream of going up to someone and calling them a poof, but i would perhaps make a joke to mate or family member in my own home, using the word poof. Im not homophobic though and I dare say these idiots arent really as bad as this distasteful joke makes them out to be, yet they have been dragged through the media and vilified for something they done in their own home.

Humans have been joking about the most god awful things for centuries and comedians even make a living out of it, but none of them have been arrested. There is more terrible sh!t happening in the world than to worry about a few guys burning a model building. They are idiots, very much so, but they are not criminals. The police can stop you for no apparent reason, so they can find any loop hole to try and set a precedent here and IMO, thats exactly what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    I would never dream of going up to someone and calling them a poof, but i would perhaps make a joke to mate or family member in my own home, using the word poof. Im not homophobic though and I dare say these idiots arent really as bad as this distasteful joke makes them out to be, yet they have been dragged through the media and vilified for something they done in their own home.

Humans have been joking about the most god awful things for centuries and comedians even make a living out of it, but none of them have been arrested. There is more terrible sh!t happening in the world than to worry about a few guys burning a model building. They are idiots, very much so, but they are not criminals. The police can stop you for no apparent reason, so they can find any loop hole to try and set a precedent here and IMO, thats exactly what they are doing.
    The last part is completely wrong but I know I'm in the minority (so to speak) with my view on it. Otherwise I can actually see your point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    The last part is completely wrong but I know I'm in the minority (so to speak) with my view on it. Otherwise I can actually see your point of view.
    Basically, i think they are trying to make an example of these idiots. Its the same way in which a muslim preacher can burn poppies and get a £50 fine, while 2 muppets who threw bacon at a mosque got 8 months. Its all about setting an example without any consistency. A building can burn, killing 72 people with not one arrest, yet police arrest some tw@ts who made an effigy.

I went to see Jerry Sadowitz once & he walked out on stage dressed as Jimmy Savile masturbating, while reading from Frankie Boyles autobiography. At the end of the show, he was giving away free Madeline McCann t-shirts. I’m willing to bet that he’ll never find himself in front of a judge.

Again, there’s a huge difference between that & what those d1cks did.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I went to see Jerry Sadowitz once & he walked out on stage dressed as Jimmy Savile masturbating, while reading from Frankie Boyles autobiography. At the end of the show, he was giving away free Madeline McCann t-shirts. I’m willing to bet that he’ll never find himself in front of a judge.

Again, there’s a huge difference between that & what those d1cks did.
    Nope... im struggling to see the difference. Sadowitz is one of the most controversial comedians out there, but because he is a "comedian", it somehow is acceptable to be controversial. If he mocked those who died at Grenfel, would there be such an outrage? likely, but he wouldnt be arrested for it and rightly so. What you, me or anyone else finds offensive doesn't then make it a crime.

The arrests were purely political and were sanctioned from the top. If you burnt an effigy of the twin towers you wouldnt be arrested. They are trying to set an example here because it was a tragedy where the government was put under immense pressure and are looking to redeem themselves.

That’s borderline tinfoil hat stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    That’s borderline tinfoil hat stuff
    Perhaps, but if the government and police hadnt made such a cock up of the whole tragedy, these arrests wouldnt have been made IMO. They are trying to make an example, while also setting a dangerous precedent. How many countless Muslim Clerics and hate preachers have had mere slaps on the wrists for much worse?

Just to be clear, im not defending these guys behaviours, they are c*nts of the highest order, but not criminals.

More insanity - a white guy pretending to be black

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8617011.html

There’s a 69 year old in Holland just now, legally trying to change his age to 45. Says being 69 prevents him finding work & getting his hole on Tinder.

Seems fair enough

Page 36 of 338 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast