+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 56 of 340 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast

Thread: General News Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    That's what happens when you canna be assed correcting when your phone guesses words.

Its being an arsehole since an update
    Beechwood your new name...Enjoy the summer.

So what's the general analysis of the euro elections? Funnily enough I'm not seeing much about Scotlands results.

SNP gain an extra seat and Nigel 'the messiah' Farrage has a good night to. Is that pretty much the gist of it?

SNP(38%) and Lib Dems (15%) pick up one seat each and Labour (9%) lose both of theirs. The UKIP seat swaps over to Brexit Party (14%) and Tories (11%) keep their one seat.

In Englandshire Brexit Party easily biggest party followed by Lib Dems. Labour lose half their seats and Tories almost wiped out. All reaction from various parties as you would expect. Maybe biggest thing to come out of it is McDonnell/Abbot/Thornberry calling for Labour to be clearly supporting a second referendum. Corbyn not quite there yet but it must only be a matter of time he has to go that way as well. Fingers crossed that's enough for Parliament to vote for a second chance and hopefully then sense can prevail!!

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    So what's the general analysis of the euro elections? Funnily enough I'm not seeing much about Scotlands results.

SNP gain an extra seat and Nigel 'the messiah' Farrage has a good night to. Is that pretty much the gist of it?
    A good night for nationalism by the look of it.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    A good night for nationalism by the look of it.
    It's always a good night for it.

Bizarrely the Conservatives got a higher share of the vote in Scotland than in England.

Labour get gubbed again.

I think they've got a death wish in Scotland.

Who picks their leaders?

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Bizarrely the Conservatives got a higher share of the vote in Scotland than in England.
    The only people voting tory in Scotland must be the English born ex-pats and lets face it, there is a uneasy amount of them. I can't see why any Scot would vote for them.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    The only people voting tory in Scotland must be the English born ex-pats and lets face it, there is a uneasy amount of them. I can't see why any Scot would vote for them.
    Whenever Scottish news runs a story from the barren wastelands of up north, the local councillor or shopkeeper always seems to be some sad sack called Jeremy. They sell their 2 bedroom semi in Woking, then move up here and buy a large B&B. I’ve no problem with that & Scotland is an open & welcoming country. Just don’t move up here & vote Tory you c*nts

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Whenever Scottish news runs a story from the barren wastelands of up north, the local councillor or shopkeeper always seems to be some sad sack called Jeremy. They sell their 2 bedroom semi in Woking, then move up here and buy a large B&B. I’ve no problem with that & Scotland is an open & welcoming country. Just don’t move up here & vote Tory you c*nts
    Aye the Scots bound English love a seat on the local council of what ever borough they have decided to call home. It's either that or, if they can afford it, buying a grouse estate.

Page 56 of 340 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast