+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 89 of 337 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast

Thread: General News Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    If they have trouble getting staff, they are obviously not offering enough money. They should stop being so stingy instead of hiring cheap foreigners.
    You do have a point but from what I've heard there is some decent money to be made there. It's not the only industry that is going to be up sh*t creek when these new immigration rules kick in either.

If they have trouble getting staff, they are obviously not offering enough money. They should stop being so stingy instead of hiring cheap foreigners.
    But surely it's important to let the market decide?

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Brexit reality meets Jimmy Buchan. GIRFUY

https://twitter.com/andrewlearmonth/...145353216?s=21
    You'd almost think that their insular jingoism had trumped logic in their decision making process.

Shome mishtake shoorly?

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    But surely it's important to let the market decide?
    That is letting the market decide

Anything that results in better paid jobs, less zero hour contract jobs and less minimum wage jobs is surely a good thing is it not?

Typical b'ollocks

It's Peterheid and the Broch min.
    They like their money fair enough but if the locals wanted to go fishing instead of sitting in their hooses spaced oot o' their heids then I'm sure there would have always been a job for them.

When the glorious day comes and we get out of the stinking union we are currently in, I sincerely hope we send the English home, or at least make it difficult and bloody expensive for these English immigrants to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    You do have a point but from what I've heard there is some decent money to be made there. It's not the only industry that is going to be up sh*t creek when these new immigration rules kick in either.
    Sort of agree with this. Plenty money in fish. Plenty rich fvckwits up there giving it large whilst relying on cheaper labour whether on the boats or in the processing factories. The owners just need to spend less on white powder (allegedly) and more on their workers.

This is what the policy is actually trying to create. The problem is that Eastern Europeans (apologise for the generalisation) are damn hard workers and pretty much get stuck in to the jobs us pampered folks don’t want to do.

I feel no pain at all for the fishermen and farmers. They have been creaming off EU grants whilst employing cheaper labour for a long time and getting ridiculously rich whilst at it.

Fishing managed fine before all these eastern Europeans came over, so they'll manage fine now.

Whoever guts the haddocks or shells the prawns is an issue, but Jimmy Buchan’s constant boasting anent the demands of Spanish, Italian and French markets might have made the sea-stripping ****s consider how leaving the EU, with delays at points of export might cause unacceptable delivery delays and cause the prices to drop. Thick as ****.

You reap what you sow (or is that the fairmers?)

Sunlit uplands, complimentary unicorns, £350m/week for the NHS etc etc etc

Certainly the crews don’t seem to be from Eastern Europe so I presume we’re talking about filleters etc.

Whatever it is, replacing a hard working, conscientious Pole with a home grown minker who is going to be off nae weel every five minutes is going to destroy many an industry.

Page 89 of 337 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast