+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Tory block

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    Why would anyone with a normal sense of decency do this?

You sound like someone from a 70s sitcom. This one sentence speaks volumes.

Inadvertently means by accident or unintentionally, I don't know if people bend over by accident, which means you would be looking in the hope of seeing something.

You have no right to photograph these girls. You could always avert your gaze.

I'd have to ask why you are pointing your camera at this girl?

Is this information to enable you to make an informed decision when buying a camera?
    That's at least three hours of your life you'll never get back

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I'm not sure, I haven't been looking up their skirts, from my experience with girls, underwear is usually dependant on if they have visible panty line in the outfit they're wearing but as I say I don't check the general female populations genital regions as a rule. I said in post 4 fair enough if it needs debating more as it could lead to prison but I'm struggling with someone reasoning that the practice is acceptable?

In answer to your individual points then I'd say there's a vast difference between checking out a girls bum for example and taking a picture to store on your phone of their genitals. I agree that in some cases the #metoo movement has been used by over zealous feminists to score points , I don't think telling a girl she's beautiful is ***ual harassment in my opinion but this isn't that.

You seem to be confused what upskirting is so I've looked online and it's the practice of making unauthorised photographs up a woman's skirt without permission of her underwear or genital area. I thought all that was common knowledge to be honest so all this is checking out a woman upskirting sounds like you're making excuses for it. If someone was sat opposite a woman on a park bench, they'd snap away with their camera, then yeah it's upskirting, I allude to my previous generally understood definition of upskirting, this seems to fit the bill don't you think?

Looking at your post I'd say there's one object that makes it upskirting and that's a camera. Again snapping away at women's genitals up their skirt without consent is wrong and perverted, like I say I'm struggling to see why that's hard to understand.
    You (and others) are having major comprehension problems with my posts. If the law comes in that limits the offence to placing a camera under a woman's skirt to take a picture then all the other scenarios I raise are excluded. So if I know of a beach where it is usual for people to change and accidental displays can happen then I could go there with a high powered telephoto lens and get some very intimate quality photos, but these won't be covered because you and others in the rush to get a law passed have had no debate but just taken the "obvious" route.

My argument is simply that it should be debated and the parameters made clear. It is clear that we are incapable of such clarity here because everyone is in a rush to call me a dirty old man whilst totally missing the need for debate.

Got it now?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    Why would anyone with a normal sense of decency do this?

You sound like someone from a 70s sitcom. This one sentence speaks volumes.

Inadvertently means by accident or unintentionally, I don't know if people bend over by accident, which means you would be looking in the hope of seeing something.

You have no right to photograph these girls. You could always avert your gaze.

I'd have to ask why you are pointing your camera at this girl?

Is this information to enable you to make an informed decision when buying a camera?
    OMG - why not try answering the question of how the proposed upskirting law would ignore the above!!! Jeez it is hard to believe some folk are that thick - are you really allowed to vote?

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    OMG - why not try answering the question of how the proposed upskirting law would ignore the above!!! Jeez it is hard to believe some folk are that thick - are you really allowed to vote?
    Sorry, my frustration was coming through.

Have a look at http://www.keepcalmtalklaw.co.uk/ups...womens-rights/ which is a measured appraisal of what is proposed - and in my view it is too narrow. Digital photography has changed the game, not just smartphones. Years back you'd have to take your photo somewhere to be processed unless you had your own lab, and then you'd have no easy way of distributing them.

Nowadays even quite small photos can take "candid" photos from a distance. I'd really open up the legistlation and this is where the debate is to be had. The laws need to catch up with the technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    This board didn't exist when I got married, troll off
    Ooookayy then we're still in the denial phase I see, sorry Airborn Pie I understand now you got married ages ago and didn't ever speak about it on here

You (and others) are having major comprehension problems with my posts. If the law comes in that limits the offence to placing a camera under a woman's skirt to take a picture then all the other scenarios I raise are excluded. So if I know of a beach where it is usual for people to change and accidental displays can happen then I could go there with a high powered telephoto lens and get some very intimate quality photos, but these won't be covered because you and others in the rush to get a law passed have had no debate but just taken the "obvious" route.

My argument is simply that it should be debated and the parameters made clear. It is clear that we are incapable of such clarity here because everyone is in a rush to call me a dirty old man whilst totally missing the need for debate.

Got it now?
    I said I agree to having a debate three times now. Upskirting is using a camera to take pictures of a woman's genitals up her skirt. It's even called upskirting so it's pretty obvious what it is, using a camera to take pictures up someone's skirt, got it?

Looking at someone bent over on a beach is not upskirting as you're not taking a picture of someone's genitals up a skirt. Got it?

Whether other laws cover that I'm not sure but we can debate them as and when they arise. This specific one is pretty clear what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I said I agree to having a debate three times now. Upskirting is using a camera to take pictures of a woman's genitals up her skirt. It's even called upskirting so it's pretty obvious what it is, using a camera to take pictures up someone's skirt, got it?

Looking at someone bent over on a beach is not upskirting as you're not taking a picture of someone's genitals up a skirt. Got it?

Whether other laws cover that I'm not sure but we can debate them as and when they arise. This specific one is pretty clear what it is.
    It’s Burns’ Night , I chance to stray into a local bar , and one of the more inebriated, and ***ually aggressive members of the female clientele happens to stick their Samsung Galaxy up my kilt( hopefully not on the end of a "selfie stick"), does that count as up-skirting, ***ual harassment , demeaning my cultural identity, or racism. ?

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    It’s Burns’ Night , I chance to stray into a local bar , and one of the more inebriated, and ***ually aggressive members of the female clientele happens to stick their Samsung Galaxy up my kilt( hopefully not on the end of a "selfie stick"), does that count as up-skirting, ***ual harassment , demeaning my cultural identity, or racism. ?
    Absolutely not - that would require an Upkilting law, not an Upskirting law if some folk have their way - unless of course you were in Scotland where I'm not quite sure how the law would be interpreted.

That's your understanding. What about standing at the bottom of some stairs with your camera facing upwards? Bus conductor's used to get some good views on the old double deckers.

What about on the beach when someone is changing with a tower around them and inadvertently bends over?

What about night club night when girls in short skirts try to get out of taxis?

What if there is a girl sitting opposite you on a bench and does a Sharon Stone and you click your camera?

Or would you simply have it that the law states that the camera must be placed in-between the girls legs whist she is standing up normally?

Just seeking clarification and debate.

PS Do many girls go around without panties?
    I think you're right to raise the issues, Old_pie. The further we move to gray areas, the harder it becomes to be certain.

From another perspective I think it's worth asking why this has come up now. In light of sll the #metoo allegations floating around about some rather horrendous assaults and coercion, politicians want to be seen as *doing something*. And what could be better than doing something highly publicized that nobody would disagree with, but really does nothing meaningful about the actual problem.

#metoo didn't come about because a 14 year old kid snuck a peak of a woman's panties.

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    Absolutely not. Women can't be ***ist just like anyone who isn't white can't be racist.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast