+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warney is back from holiday

Warney is back from holiday

Interviewed at the NYS on RUFC Official Twitter just now.... "we've got a lot of irons in the volcano" and "I'm not really marmite, I'm more like raspberry jam" (I don't think that managers have to take drugs tests)
    He also said that he is talking to various players and managers re possible signings, but the composition of the squad will not undergo big changes.

Be interesting to see if he makes use of the loan market :-

Under the new rules, Football League clubs will still be prohibited from selecting more than five loan players in their 18-man match-day squad. They will also be prevented from borrowing more than four players a season from any one club, and no more than two over the age of 23.

And there is a specific provision regarding goalkeepers, with teams able to sign one at any time if they do not have a fit registered keeper who has made five senior appearances for any club.

Need to get loans of Rodak, Towell and Emmanuel extended if we possibly can - they were key players in getting us promoted. Getting any of them back would be a positive move.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWaller View Post
    Be interesting to see if he makes use of the loan market :-

Under the new rules, Football League clubs will still be prohibited from selecting more than five loan players in their 18-man match-day squad. They will also be prevented from borrowing more than four players a season from any one club, and no more than two over the age of 23. .
    It will be even more interesting if he doesn't use the loan market PETE...lol.

By the sounds of it the " tweaking " of the squad may be a smaller tweak than what I thought.
    Wonder if Sillymiller is hoping for 8 quality players and 3 loans.....I wish...😎

Might sound a bit negative but I'm hoping we are gonna target young players with potential who are not gonna be on big wages so that if we are relegated straight away, then we'll have a even better team in league 1 next time. If we are clever like that with the signings then we'll always be one step ahead of the league 1 clubs if or probably when we get relegated again in the future. Worst we should do is being the yo yo club between league 1 and championship which isn't too bad.

Quote from Tony Stewart: "Offers have gone out to seven or eight players but I see four or five signings as a maximum, I don't see any more."
    I guess we're then going to have to try to use the loan market fairly extensively to boost the quality in the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Quote from Tony Stewart: "Offers have gone out to seven or eight players but I see four or five signings as a maximum, I don't see any more."
    I guess we're then going to have to try to use the loan market fairly extensively to boost the quality in the squad.
    No names on the radar yet , but that could be a good thing if it stops Barnsley (Kieffer Moore? ) or T'Pigs (Steve May? ) stepping in at the last minute ahead of us
    Last edited by mikemiller; 16-06-2018 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    No names on the radar yet , but that could be a good thing if it stops Barnsley (Kieffer Moore? ) or T'Pigs (Steve May? ) stepping in at the last minute ahead of us
    Yes, hopefully key people at the club really have learned from previous mistakes.
    Speculation on here is fine but the club should just quietly get on with things behind the scenes and announce signings when they've actually been completed.

That’s a good point mellow which I agree with.
    However then you will get the usual why aren’t we trying to sign this player or that player.
    We can’t afford them etc.
    Not sure the club can win tbh?

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Does the 7 or 8 include loan players?

4 or 5 maximum, does this include loan players?

I can live with 5 players depending on who they are.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast