+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Football misconceptions

That if you were big or tall you were automatically a good player (certainly at school, the tall ones were either centre forward or back no questions asked)!

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    You mean like the Purge
    Yep.

Some great replies on here - keep them coming.

My kids could never understand why Notts fans liked to "sit on the red side of the Trent", at least that's what I told them that the Z blocker's were singing!

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    My kids could never understand why Notts fans liked to "sit on the red side of the Trent", at least that's what I told them that the Z blocker's were singing!
    I always wondered why although we were black and we were white we were also chucking dynamite. Never did find out.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I always used to think you needed Irish ancestry to play for the Republic. Turns out a 2 day visit or more does the trick.
    If you have drank a pint of Guinness you qualify

Used to think it was Walk on, Walk on with soap up your ar$e! .........nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    That if you were big or tall you were automatically a good player (certainly at school, the tall ones were either centre forward or back no questions asked)!
    Unfortunately, they still have that mentality today. I guess no-one told Messi, Maradona and Pele.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123