+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glasgow School of Art burns down

It’s looking like it will have to be demolished which will be a tragedy for Glasgow and the Art school staff and students. There are promises of money to restore it from both Scottish and Westminster Parliaments but a total rebuild would be over £100m.
    The entrance and exterior detail
    Name:  C20EDB29-8969-422C-8F2A-006A4D33D324.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  14.9 KB
    Name:  E180945A-9206-4E55-BA5C-28D6CBEF0F44.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  20.6 KB

They did build House for an Art Lover in the 1990s from drawings he submittted for a competition and lots of folk visit that so a replica would work and it is CRMs 150th birth anniversary this year and there is a major exhibition of his work in the Kelvingrove museum so he is high profile up here.
    His Willow Tea Rooms on Sauchiehall St have just reopened too after major restoration.
    Name:  D6D2DF12-C96E-4D3F-90AC-B36DF6CCC0A2.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  13.2 KB
    Name:  0B94DDD0-F47A-4B29-AAAF-3BF0CDF58FD4.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  20.2 KB

His Hillhouse in Helensburgh is getting major restoration just now as water is leaking in through the render.
    Name:  3CF542C1-F57F-4A74-8D9D-C0646B79DFF8.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  19.3 KB

Just a quick correction - I believe it is the O2 ABC that has been damaged not the Academy.

We often attend gigs at the Academy so I was particularly worried as that is another great venue. Disaster for the ABC and of course the School of Art

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    If it was in London, the rebuild would already have started.
    Better take that up with the people running Scotland then, they do have their own government, their own parliament, their own MPs, their own tax raising powers, their own spending powers. If a Tory government would look after our heritage better than the SNP do their own, have a word with Sturgeon, we don't run Scotland anymore, it's called devolution.

Not sure what point it is you are making Sinkov?

Quote Originally Posted by CaspertheClaret View Post
    Not sure what point it is you are making Sinkov?
    It's in reply to yet another of BT's tedious moans that our government looks after London and the South East first, with the North of England and the rest at the back of the queue, or ignored altogether. He may well have a point, but not in this case.

Clear now Casper ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Better take that up with the people running Scotland then, they do have their own government, their own parliament, their own MPs, their own tax raising powers, their own spending powers. If a Tory government would look after our heritage better than the SNP do their own, have a word with Sturgeon, we don't run Scotland anymore, it's called devolution.
    Would not matter a jot if it were in Manchester, Newcastle or Leeds, the establishment only look after their own backyard, and that's just about ten miles north of the Thames.

Would not matter a jot if it were in Manchester, Newcastle or Leeds, the establishment only look after their own backyard, and that's just about ten miles north of the Thames.
    Blimey, I never knew that it extended that far!

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It's in reply to yet another of BT's tedious moans that our government looks after London and the South East first, with the North of England and the rest at the back of the queue, or ignored altogether. He may well have a point, but not in this case.

Clear now Casper ?
    Go to Westminster Bridge tube station and then report back sinkov.

Both Governments are said to be willing to fund restoration so in this case BT is wrong. Even Brad Pitt supported the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by CaspertheClaret View Post
    Just a quick correction - I believe it is the O2 ABC that has been damaged not the Academy.

We often attend gigs at the Academy so I was particularly worried as that is another great venue. Disaster for the ABC and of course the School of Art
    Sorry for my error - I have never been to either in my 35 years here. I did go to the ABC cinema as it was in an earlier life.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)