+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ronaldo- great free kick but.......

Ronaldo- great free kick but.......

De Gea left a huge gap for him to aim for. I think I could have scored from that position. It was a tremendous shot, but if De Gea would have been more central he may have had a chance of doing something about it. Couldn’t understand how Spain let it slip when they were in no trouble, with not long left on the clock. A good team would have closed the game down.

I doubt anyone would stop that unless positioned behind the wall.
    Another player on the wall might have stopped it though.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TaSgcobzi...247810/video/1

He has only scored 53 goals direct from free kicks --I'm surprised that nobody has worked out how to stop them, particularly De Gea.
    All these keepers must be slacking on the job and need their arses kicking

Bloody heck, even Burnley's Steven Defour can beat the Spanish goalkeeper with a free kick...

Rocket Ronnie, what a tw@t, what a star. I can remember, back in the day at United, there was plenty of serious discussion on who was the better player, Ronaldo or Rooney. That argument has long been put to bed, and Ronnie continues to bestride the football world like a Colossus, while Roo slopes off to the States, because he can no longer get into a very mediocre Everton team.

Sheer unadulterated arrogance backed up with sheer unadulterated talent.

I have really only ever experienced it once before, I was living in the US when Michael Jordan was in his heyday.

A US sports commentator said even Jesus would not be this good, Ronaldo fits the same star billing.

I wonder if he would like to finish his career and play with a proper football team at Turf Moor?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

I wonder if he would like to finish his career and play with a proper football team at Turf Moor?
    Sadly it'll never happen will it BT, but we've had our share of stardust in Ian Wright and Gazza.

Gazza was a disappointment, I was expecting him to be bloated and overweight, but nothing of the sort, he looked slim, and fit as a butcher's dog, problem was he couldn't trap the ball and when he did get hold of it he couldn't even manage a five yard pass. I mentioned this strange anomaly to someone who was on the inside at the time, and he said the reason Gazza struggled for us was not his fitness, he was fit enough, but he was actually pissed while playing for us. It seems incredible to me that he was turning up to play already ratted, but it explains why a world class footballer looked like a pub player while playing in our claret and blue shirt.
    Last edited by sinkov; 17-06-2018 at 08:16 AM.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)